• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep stolen and recovered, now won't start

UPDATE:
I read somewhere that it might be flooded, so I cranked and cranked at WOT and it eventually started. Made sense since I was cranking all morning checking fuel pressure and for spark.

My concern now is that I didn't see spark initially, unplugged the CPS for 5+ minutes, re-plugged it and then got spark. It's possible I didn't check correctly at first, and I only checked 1 cylinder. But if it was replugging the CPS that worked, could that mean that it is going out? Did it reset something in the PCM?

Probably means the cps is about to go. I was wondering if the injectors were pulsing correctly but if it's running they should be ok.

Does it start normally now? If it only starts WOT I think something like the TPS is failing. I forget how it ties in to the system and why it causes no start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after letting it run for a minute, it starts normally now. Is there a better brand of CPS? I've read that OEM is no longer available. Locally, I can get Napa, BWD, MasterPro. Summit can get me Standard Motor Products, or Crown Automotive.

I think for the 91 it is still a available from the dealer.
I'd go for napa if it's not jeep. Not sure about the other aftermarket brands, crown is supposed to be good quality but I've had hit and mis from them and omix-ada

Last edited:
Ah, looks like I may be wrong on mopar availability.
I'd avoid duralast and whatever brand O'Reillys sells I heard of both those failing out of the box.

Back