• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parting out , 1990 Renix 4.0

tighttrailxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am stripping down a 1990, 4.0L, AW4, 242, light tan full power interior.
Things of interest: 1) AW4 (21 spline output) modified by Level 10 transmissions of NJ, about 5,000 miles on it, custom clutches and converter locks at about 850rpms, great for street and trails, Paid $2400 last June.
2) hack n tap 242 sye done at a machine shop, with a rubicon express driveshaft
3) full power, tinted windows, newer window motors, on all four dours, dark blue with alot of "pine striping"
4) hood and hatch
5) multiple sets of tail lights
6) renix 4.0 with 84,000 miles, multiple sets of all underhood sensors, can hear run before we pull it out. New water pump, alternator, tune up ( all within the past 2 weeks)
8) rubicon express drop bracket kit, adjustable upper arms, fixed lowers, I will power coat the brackets and supports black so they will look better than new ones.

I am basically stripping the entire truck and keeping the axles, suspension, bumpers, and some other stuff. I live in Staten Island.
P.S. that screen name should now be in RED

Motor is in great condition, I have run synthetic fluid in it since 42,000 miles. It has not been run hard, EVER. On highway trips, I keep RPM's about 2,300. It has many new accessories, air cond. works great. It also has an aluminum valve cover. I will give you the motor, all accessories, intake, exhaust, all computers, sensor, perfect radiator, etc. for $500. Basically, anything related to the motor goes with it. I will pull it out, or you can come and hear it, then we can pull it.

do you want the entire case? I bought it about 4 months ago, New old stock from a dealer. I had to pull the case apart to change the input shaft from 23 spline to the current 21 spline. ( I still have the 23 spline shaft) I think that the linkage got a little tweaked last trip. So I can't tell you if the case is for sale untill I split it and check the internals. I think it is fine, but I won't sell it untill I check it out. I will sell the SYE and CV driveshaft. I paid $300 for the shaft and $150 for the SYE. I will sell the pair for $175. thanks

Back