• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Sierra Fest Schedule

Doesnt look like i'll be making it now. Cant get the Friday off work (n), and its just a little too far to drive for 1 day of wheeling.

You boys have fun!
:D

Are there places to park a truck and trailer? How much hwy. is there between camp/trail head?

Eric

Eric - Gald you can make it :) That's a sick rig, can't wait to see it up close.

To answer your question - there is a ton of room to park your trailer at base camp (Dinkey Creek). As mentioned above the trailhead to Swamp Lake is very close to base camp and it is all dirt road. The Bald Mt. trailhead is with in a couple of miles of base camp and it's a paved road to get there. There is also plenty of room to park your tow rig. Most folks just drive to the trailhead then back to base camp after.

Right on, Thanks.

It's actually registered and insurred, but lacks some of the street leagalities, like wind shield ect.
A Hwy. Patrol officer could have a hayday if he wanted to...

Not a huge worry though.

You'll be fine - Although with no windshield I am going to recomend something to shield your eyes and face for the ride to the Swamp Lake Trailhead. It takes a good 30 minutes to get to the trailhead and it's all dirt and is VERY dusty.

Doesnt look like i'll be making it now. Cant get the Friday off work (n), and its just a little too far to drive for 1 day of wheeling.

You boys have fun!
:D

Bummer i was excited to check out your new rig :doh:

Is anybody planning on heading in on friday afternoon? or is is only the slightly more rushed saturday? I'm planning on picking up a friend, and she has class at fresno state on friday morning.

You'll be fine - Although with no windshield I am going to recomend something to shield your eyes and face for the ride to the Swamp Lake Trailhead. It takes a good 30 minutes to get to the trailhead and it's all dirt and is VERY dusty.

I think Eric is used to the dust. :D

is there a sign up or anything? I think I can make it but have some repairs due to the Dusy beating the s out of my rig (or really me beating it)? I would like to be there thurs nite and leave b4 the bbq sat (unfortunately I have work) so is there a fee at Dinkey? For all the years I've camped in the sierras I have never paid to camp at a campsite, I poop in the woods!!!!!

I poop in the woods!!!!!

... good man

If you've never done it, it's a very liberating experience!

Actually, I got a big' o banner from National. I'll string it from some trees Thursday night. We arent camping at Dinkey, just a little way past it, there are a few big clearings in the trees about a mile past Dinkey Creek.

No sign up, show up and have fun!

I don't think you have to pay to camp at Dinkey, I never have.

Actually, I got a big' o banner from National. I'll string it from some trees Thursday night. We arent camping at Dinkey, just a little way past it, there are a few big clearings in the trees about a mile past Dinkey Creek.

About a 1/4 mile after crossing the Dinkey Creek bridge, turn left onto 10S36 at the Camp Fresno sign and immediately look into the trees to the right for base camp. This is camp for Thurs night and Sat night. Fri night is camping on the trail at Grouse Lake.

About a 1/4 mile after crossing the Dinkey Creek bridge, turn left onto 10S36 at the Camp Fresno sign and immediately look into the trees to the right for base camp. This is camp for Thurs night and Sat night. Fri night is camping on the trail at Grouse Lake.

Thanks Richard, much better directions.

Is anyone planning on sticking around base camp and only running the easier trails?

Back