• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ tensioner pulley

Hawaiian Style

NAXJA Forum User
ZJ tensioner pulley is making clicking noises. Loud enough to hear outside it with the engine running. Just replaced h2o pump last week... Any thoughts?

Thanks

Put a new one in, $20 IIRC, just bought and put two idlers and two tension pulleys in the TJ's last week as a precautionary measure, one was noisy and I figured as long as I was at it I'd do the belt too on both. All that stuff up front looked OEM original. Now it's all nice and quiet.

cool, thanks Rich. I guess it's time to spend more $$. Where'd ya buy it? Discount wants 64.49...

Last edited:
Gee, I got mine at the dealer, be right back, going to see if I still have the receipts. Found it, now this is for a 2.5's in the 97TJ's but a pulley is a pulley and the part numbers are the same as one for my 98 4.0XJ. One, the larger one that is the adjustable was $48.19, the smaller was $21.53 list, they give me a discount on whatever I buy there so it was $43.45 and $17.10, serp belt was $27.75. I just buy most of my stuff from jeep, know it fits and no return trips to AA or whatever discount store from no fit, wrong part number, etc...

Back