• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end pop when turning

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
pop in steering when turning hard and leaving a parking spot. Also happens when I am maneuvering through parking lot. Not sure if its related but a 60+ vibration, feels like oval tires almost

u-joints-good
all new ball joints
new MOOG PROBLEM SOLVER trac bar bushing
new (cheap) wheel bearings...I wonder
alignment
NO CHANGE!

recently
front driveshaft cv rebuilt
all front end tight

Is the vibration you feel at 60+mph a up and down vibe or a side to side vibe?

It is most likely your frame side trackbar bracket. This is a pretty common problem, and it happened to me.

Try loosening the bolts for the bracket, and then retightening the hell out of them.

Do what Begster suggests FIRST before getting off on a tangent. The popping was a problem on the Jeeps when they were brand new. At the dealership we took to tightening the crap out of the frame side track bar bracket during the Pre-Delivery Inspection just to eliminate customer complaints later. This is not a suggestion to be taken lightly. Best case-you fix your problem. Worst case- it won't crop up in the future.

its the track bar bracket that bolts up to the unibody... Mine does the same thing and I have tighten it as much as possible with lock tight and it still does it...

Anybody think welding it to the unibody would be a bad idea?

Had a similar problem a while back. I had a friend turn the wheel all the way to the left and the right while I watched for anything that might have caused it. Come to find out my frame had broken right behind the steering gearbox and the popping was caused by the gearbox not being able to push the wheels and was pushing the frame first

Had a similar problem a while back. I had a friend turn the wheel all the way to the left and the right while I watched for anything that might have caused it. Come to find out my frame had broken right behind the steering gearbox and the popping was caused by the gearbox not being able to push the wheels and was pushing the frame first

^hope not:piratefla

Back