• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted to show off my hard work

When you apply for jobs you list "ability to think outside the box" as a strength, don't you? But daaaaaang, then having the skills to make those thoughts into reality . . . that's really, really, really cool!

Geeze, that's nice of you man! Monkey see, monkey do. Just gotta realize it can be done is all!

And for the portals.... whatever, my jeep is a 2000. I'm Era correct then. Stupid portals are stupid spendy to run the tires I got in mind. And i may need 2 steers when I'm done. Rather send kid to college

made me super lightweight winch bumper today!

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a fuel cell? I've been looking at fuel safe, they seem to have all the options. I'm wondering if there is a vendor on here or? Kind or looking for a company that builds the cells exclusively. I really enjoy the type of customer service they can offer

Last edited:

First bumper I ever made! Really proud of it!!!

all painted and winch installed, haven't installed my synthetic line yet

I'm pretty exited about how this turned out!!! Boo ya, on to radiator

WOW! The whole thing looks amazing. I love that rear bumper.
Thanks alot!

Here is the radiator housing, I lined it with garden hose for cusion..... it's all I could find

I took the shroud off and mounted it outside the cage so I didn't have to make a huge ugly thing to cover it all, I'm going to have a rear hoop that will protect it pretty well

all the time I spent fitting the hatch was a waste! I had to take it off to fit the tank. I suppose I can put the window part on if needed

fuel cells do not come with pumps unless you spend $2000 I found out. This cell from rci was $200. It didn't even have a fuel return so I drilled and welded the fitting and hard line in it, fitted the fuel pump to it with wires and cut the sump bowl out of old tank and put it in the cell. I'm in the middle of researching the vapor vents and trying to figure out if I need them? This tank has a rollover vent with a ball check valve and I was thinking of connecting that to the vent valve lines? If anyone knows about this, please help a guy out! Thanks for looking

And the tank lid doesn't let out pressure...? Rollover vent is always wide open, isn't it supposed to build like 2 psi?

I can't wait for the finished product. That front end is literally bulletproof. I've got a guy in my office (not even a Jeep guy) following this thread with me.

I can't wait for the finished product. That front end is literally bulletproof. I've got a guy in my office (not even a Jeep guy) following this thread with me.

That's a nice compliment. Maybe we can convert him. I'm gonna have to hang out with the Toyota guys until I get a bigger motor though lol.

finally came out of the garage!!!!! Cooling system is complete. We ran the water through the fender tubing and then through the sliders

If you look close you can see the radiator hoses plumbed to fender tubers

new motor for the 8274, kinda....

I found a place to put more steel, a lot can fit under here. Was thinking about tucking up the east and doing it all. Thanks for looking

A couple things im curious on, your passenger fender is now going to be ~210F when the jeep is running, stock control arm mounts, stock steering?

A couple things im curious on, your passenger fender is now going to be ~210F when the jeep is running, stock control arm mounts, stock steering?

Yes, yes, yes. I will make you proud. just bought a new house! Move in tomarrow. Don't tell the wife but, it was really for the Jeep lol. The jeep is about to outgrow it's old garage. I've got room to build it a bigger home for it now. Going to be starting on that ASAP so might not be making much progress next few monthes

Last edited:
And what about the stock axle? my jeep is like d30 hell. Im surprised it didnt snap an axel coming off the jack stands. Stock motor, transfer case....

Back