• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to find window regulators 88 XJ etc

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like I'm in need of window regulators on all four windows on my 88. Also window seals (are they the same thing as "whiskers"? Are "whiskers" part of the same part?). The dealer says the regulators are no longer available (which is great b/c I'm sure they are overpriced) but was wondering....where would you guys go to find them? I'm only thinking boneyards, which is a PITA.

Check Rock Auto. Look under interior. The motorized regulator complete runs around $96 PLUS shipping.

I ran across another place that had the original MOPAR ones for less. If I can find it again, I will post it.

I revived mine by filling the plastic(?) tube that the steel wire coil is stored in, with PB Blaster, and cycling the window up and down by hand They tend to rust and stick in the tube. Years later I replaced the side (vertical) slide guides and the outer, lower, wiper blade that were all grabbing and sticking to the window.

I revived mine by filling the plastic(?) tube that the steel wire coil is stored in, with PB Blaster, and cycling the window up and down by hand They tend to rust and stick in the tube. Years later I replaced the side (vertical) slide guides and the outer, lower, wiper blade that were all grabbing and sticking to the window.

I just recently fixed my manual windows. Ended up drilling a small hole at the top of the metal tube and squirting in some trans fluid. Works real smooth now. Still need to replace the side felt guides and bottom wiper at some point - getting too much water in the doors.

Mine are power, not manual. The windows barely move at all. Many times they will go down, and I have to pull the glass back up by hand. The rears have not been down in....10 years or more? But man, it's hot in there (in CA) till the AC gets going...

Mine are power, not manual. The windows barely move at all. Many times they will go down, and I have to pull the glass back up by hand. The rears have not been down in....10 years or more? But man, it's hot in there (in CA) till the AC gets going...

You could probably fix all that by lubing the regulators........

I had the same problem, I had to replace the side vertical guides (they were shot) and the wiper blade/trim part at the bottom of window opening. Window was binding on them all.

I had the same problem, I had to replace the side vertical guides (they were shot) and the wiper blade/trim part at the bottom of window opening. Window was binding on them all.

Yep. That would help me too. Any idea what you paid for all 4 window seals and all 4 "whiskers" at the bottom? Get them from a dealer? Online aftermarket?

Yep. That would help me too. Any idea what you paid for all 4 window seals and all 4 "whiskers" at the bottom? Get them from a dealer? Online aftermarket?

I got mine from a junk yard

Back