• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ Fiberglass hood?

Do these work with the stock latches or are hood pins required?

you would need to run hood pins. The ones posted above with the reinforcement on the underside are made to bolt up to the stock hinges, but you still need to run pins in the front.

my bad, i know this is an old thread but i have a couple of questions about this hood and i didn't think it warranted starting a whole new thread...

anywho, is this JS1 legal? also, it appears to be molded to look like a cowl induction/ram air-type hood, does that affects the aerodynamics at all? like the hood scoop at the front that doesn't have any openings for the air to pass through... or are you supposed to cut some vent holes in it yourself after you order it? n00b questions, i'm sure. ;P

one more: i installed a SatoFab prerunner style front bumper a few months ago, but i've read that JS1 only accepts stock front and rear bumpers... or is a readily-available bumper still legal?

thanks! <3
chreokee-hood-1.jpg

Back