• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB - stock track bar bracket

Shaggy-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. Rebuilding the front suspension of my 98 XJ. The track bar is rusted solid into the bracket and I haven't even been able to cut it out at this point.

Hoping someone might have a used stock bracket sitting around that they may have pulled during a lift. I've got a small two inch lift (using OME springs and shocks), but I think a stock track bar set up will still work at this point.

Trying to save money otherwise I'd go with the Rough Country 1181 part - bar and bracket, although I've heard the bushings aren't good on that set up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I'm located in southwest Connecticut near the New York border.

Hey all, Just a quick update. I was able to get the bolt out of the original bracket so I'm in good shape at this point, unless of course anyone has a decent track bar sitting around they don't need....

I actually have a stock bracket with an RE-1660 still hooked to it. The bar needs a new axle-end bushing (got a little melted getting the bolt out of it) but is otherwise fine, and the bracket's mounting point for the bar is wallowed out.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks but I've only got a two inch lift on the truck... I think the RE1660 is made for a 4 to 6 inch lift. Wish it would work though because it would be a great set up. Probably gonna pick up a Moog replacement at this point... at least until I decide to go crazy on it again. Its my daily driver and I need to get it back on the road. One of these days I'll have to start a thread about the build. It's a 98 with only 80k and no rust...

Just watch where the bar attaches to the frame-side bracket - it wallows out.

Back