• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DESPERATE! PLEASE HELP! Engine/Tranny hiccups on Interstate?

Has new Mopar Cam sensor. The crank sensor is a couple of years old but it is Napa, not Mopar.
I am putting the OEM ignition rail back on today. I replaced it with Echlin a few years ago trouble shooting, but it wasn't bad. It is in my garage.

Could be a bad injector. Very possible. And it does feel like almost like a misfire, then back to normal.

Keep in mind this only happens when it is hot outside and the engine is hot. I was just idling my jeep for more than 30 minutes, but it is cool outside. It ran great. Hummm.....

The sensors are likely to fail when hot. You might also do a compression test and see what the results are while you're changing the coil rail.

My wife has a 2010 Mazda CX-9 with 185k miles exhibit similar symptoms. After changing the lifetime transfer case lube, which is a total pia, flushing the tranny and rear end, checking all u-joints, it still did it. And no codes. One day I was really hammering the gas pedal to try to get it to happen, finally got a check engine light, sustained loss of power and was able to pull codes. Can't remember the code, but it pointed to a misfire in cylinder 2. This V-6 has COP and #2, when pulled had overheated and leaked its cooling oil making the top ceramic part of the spark plug wet. Bought a $60 COP and it had been perfect. Long way of saying I would lean toward the coil rail as well based on what you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something like that happen to me. I would drive for a while at like 75-80 and out of the blue it would drop into 3rd. Wouldent get back to od. Turned out to be mis adjusted shift cable. Easy to check just time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has a rebuilt TUPY head from a Wrangler. Replaced about 3 years ago. Should not be any compression/valve issues. When I pulled the plugs yesterday, they had all worn evenly and looked nice.

Back