• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interesting find at jy.

Dragonlich1961

NAXJA Forum User
While pursuing a local pick and pull I stumbled upon an 86 four door auto 4*4 Xj. Yes powered by the the anaemic 2.8 v6 from GM.
What was more interesting was the two switch panels located to the left and right of the steering wheel. For comparison, my 94 has on the left, fog and defrost. Right is blank and rear window.
The 86 had defrost and rear window on the right side of the column, left side was missing. What would have been on the left side, I'm use to the standard set up of (left to right) fog defrost tranny and rear window for the renix era? I'm curious and I like to collect the factory rare options, sound bar, 2 door rear vent glass. Front vent glass, door pockets and three point door handles.

Early xj including some renix had the switches in a different order in the dash. The defrost and wiper are in the same order in mine and I think some of the renix (probably changed with the transmission switch for the aw4) left is the fog lights, and I don't think anything else, but I'll look may the switches and wiring again since its all apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking for the filler panel for the right side with no switches. I haven't had any luck.

I have been looking for the filler panel for the right side with no switches. I haven't had any luck.
Like this? I may have a spare somewhere.
443c54fd049409b3e308d7ce8e00998e.jpg

Actually there was one where the knock outs were not there for the switches. I actually had one and it got lost in the move. I can modify one like you show and have the pebbled ABS that matches but was hoping not to have to.

I want to mount a vacuum or trans temp gauge in there, or maybe my Renix Scan module. I guess I could just mount the scan module and add some code and a hookup to display the vacuum and trans temp on it.

No. I have broken the code for the Renix ECU and I am starting to build a small Renix scanner that can be used to read out all the Renix readings. It will be a bit larger than a credit card and have a color touch screen. I plan to mount it to my dash so I can see what is going on at any time. I run a 4.7L stroker and have an AFR gauge and mess with the fuel trims.

Actually there was one where the knock outs were not there for the switches. I actually had one and it got lost in the move. I can modify one like you show and have the pebbled ABS that matches but was hoping not to have to.

I want to mount a vacuum or trans temp gauge in there, or maybe my Renix Scan module. I guess I could just mount the scan module and add some code and a hookup to display the vacuum and trans temp on it.

I should be getting a 3d printer soon. I am considering attempting to make blank plates to do whatever with.

Back