• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Jeep spent a year in rehab too!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
It all started after 16yrs of flawless service (at 5.5" and 33's with hard abuse, it and me) when things would change. After I became disabled (5 yrs ago-stroke>monoplegic) and my jeep is my only vehicle (they wouldn't let me drive for 2yrs), it started with the 0331 head problem. In a attempt to fix that and freshen/upgrade things, since now I have all the time in the world (maybe)!

Since last fall........in approximate order of events

new windshield (original got cracked 2 weeks after I bought it 17yrs ago)

new LED headlights

new gas lift hood supports (absolutely should have done this before I became hadi-capped)

new bushings in control arms(RE joints were fine)

new Factory Ten d30 axles, wj knuckles, unit bearings, ball joints, wj rotors and calipers

new Yukon c8.25 axles, axle bearings, kj rotors and calipers

new Durango master cylinder and relocated the brake pedal 3/4" to the left

new spring kit for my Power-trax No-slip

new Griffin radiator and Hesco water pump with all new hoses

new cylinder head

new 4.6 stroker, throttle body, header, and complete exhaust all the way back

5 new tires and rims

new Currie correctlink steering

new Psc power steering pump and big bore steering box with hoses(I should have done this even before my stroke)

2 new front shocks

"It's great having a new truck again"

good to have you back. I've always found working on the keep is the best rehab for the soul -- even if it's just doing something small like those LED headlights.

Good luck and keep at it.

I never went anywhere, I was in the hospital for a month only, and that was 5yrs ago! I did do rehab for another year but to no avail and I still drove the whole time! You might think the hardest part would be being without a vehicle for 10 weeks. But the hardest part was the waiting, 6 weeks for the block work and 8 weeks for the head/intake work to get done and nothing I could do but wait.

Back