• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running these?

LJRockstar

NAXJA Forum User
image.php

I like the idea alot.... I just fear its gonna be all squeaky and rattley.

Anyone have any experience with them or this company?

Leaf spring sliders.

Thanks!

Pretty sure that's timmay on PBB. never heard anything bad about those, but never run. Supposed to help with some of the hinging inherent in a shackle. Keep in mind depending on your setup it may change lift and pinion angle.

I really liked them but they wouldn't work with my application. For some reason they or my leaf springs weren't parallel with each other so the leafs rubbed on the boxes.

Build quality was great and I wish i could use them but I cant.

Not really showing how much rear droop. Lift the front so it stuffs a rear and unloads ther other.

If you do a lot of rock crawling beware they apparently bend up easily if you start rubbing them on the rocks. Otherwise they have always interested me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at sliders for the KOH XJ.

Guys who have tried them coming out of competition rock crawling said they don't allow the leaf to twist enough and cause a lot of binding, and then fail.

Enough people were adamant enough that we even bother testing them.

I think I'm going to have to check out the boostwerks shackles.

I've seen a few guys here in the NE run the LII sliders, they get good reviews. Biggest downside is have to run a taller leaf with more arch which doesn't unload as much, and shackles on a flat leaf will unload a lot more. On the other hand low-hanging shackles catch on a lot of stuff, especially in reverse.

Thanks everyone for your input. The general consensus is, that these are probably not for me. I really like when people think out side of the box and these certainly fit that bill, but my rig (at least for the foreseeable future) is a DD that will see the occasional trip to Rausch Creek or maybe some logging roads in the New England area. Ill probably go with some shackle relocation brackets and upgraded shackles (Boostwerks, I'll be looking your way, hopefully the winch mount will be ready by the time I'm ready to pull the trigger on some of this stuff...) The main thing with this build is to not hinder the highway performance too much. I'm totally ok with some of the quirks that come with driving a lifted truck, but a few of my past builds got beyond a certain threshold and became just too unwieldy for street use. I want to keep on the Overland side of things more than the smashed up rock crawler end of the spectrum.

Those are a clever idea like stated, but a set of shackles with a flex joint will work better in the end. I made my own shackles with 1.25" johnny joints so they're adjustable. I actually got the idea from ironman Andy.

Back