• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I get behind this?

chedisme

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Im herculining my interior, and I noticed that the support that the front of the front seats bolt to is open, as in water and dirt can get in, but I cant get behind it with a brush or roller. so can anyone enlighten me on how I do this part?

I was am planning on doing this this weekend so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Ill have to get a pic of it. I have taken the seats out. Its like a upside down V with a flat top. Im not worried about water going in the threads. there are big open holes In the side and top, but not big enough to get the herc behind it?

Ill get a pic asap.

heres a pic of the part in talking about

Herc_Truss.jpg

its welded to the floor so I cant take it off. I might do the foam but that wont stop rust from forming, will it? there's no rust in there yet that I can see, but there is a fair amount of dirt from when I sank my jeep, and started this fiasco.

hose it off. then use a shop vac. to get up the mess. then buy some cheap spray rubberizer.

this is an old pic I found from a week or two ago when I riped out the carpet. its alot cleaner in there now. I opted for this pic as my seats are now back in because this is my DD. and I dont think my GF would like to be made to sit in the back. also its rainning really bad by me right now and Id rather not go out and take the seat out to get a pic.

Has anybody lined their interior?

If so how did you deal with this???
I've often wonderd the same thing and you think that bothers you, look under the carpet of an MJ, the whole back section of the floorpan is under crossmembers. If you're concerned about it, you could always drill the spotwelds out, paint under it and reweld it or bolt it back in.

Id have to bolt it in because the liner would be in the way of the weld. do you think that would make it un safe in case of a serious on road accident? or ruin the integrity of the unibody?

Id have to bolt it in because the liner would be in the way of the weld. do you think that would make it un safe in case of a serious on road accident? or ruin the integrity of the unibody?
Or you could grind just a line back down and weld it in, or just clean out where the holes you drilled were and fill those with weld. If it gives you any idea on the structural though, pre-95 XJs didn't even have that brace. It was added to accomodate a different style seat slider base. I would think either method would work fine, but if you can weld them back in that would be the best method all around I would say. Good luck!

Hmm glad I don't have the silly hump in my Jeep. I just herculined the interior of my Jeep last week...only needed some silicon to fill some bolt holes and JB weld to fix some body/floor board cracks from things hitting me.

~Scott

I simply made sure the area was clean, sprayed rustoleom in there and made sure i had drains for it. If you are sure there is no rust in there fill it with foam and line over it

Do NOT use foam!

Do NOT use foam!
I would tend to agree in this situation. It really isn't going to fix anything and I don't really see how it would be a preventative.

what if I clean the cavity as best I, then fill it with foam to the point that it over flows, trim it back ant completely cover it with herc?

Back