• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GOJEEP website to close down

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
x2 - I still drop by there once in a while...

gonna leave almost as many broken links in threads as photobucket did. ;)

Glad to see it was still being used. I will leave a redirect for as long as I can on the index page but the owner of the domain will not want to keep paying for it after it runs out, which I'm not sure exactly when that is. I have paid for it to help out the last few years but can't expect him to keep maintaining the site as well which he had been kind enough to do all this time. He was fellow XJ owner at the time when I was going to close the site down after the 'free' hosting site back then even, suddenly wanted to charge me to keep the site going as was getting too much traffic. That was around 15 years ago! The current owner where it is hosted hasn't even had a XJ the last 5 years or so, so was very nice of him to keep hosting it. But thought it about time to buy a domain and server space to keep going without any favours.
I still have the same XJ and is the only vehicle in the family until the Willys is finished. Will most likely be parted out after that one is finished even though still low mileage and not a bit of rust of damage anywhere. They are just not worth selling whole anymore. :(

I defiantly reference your site all the time. Might be worth it for myself to download the info or even take screenshots of everything to keep as reference.

I defiantly reference your site all the time. Might be worth it for myself to download the info or even take screenshots of everything to keep as reference.

If y'all need, I have a web server that can host a mirror of this indefinitely. Happy to set up a new domain too.

Yup as you are seeing, your site and knowledge is still a big part of the xj community. It is mentioned and referenced here and on Facebook groups a lot. Thank you for keeping it alive.

If y'all need, I have a web server that can host a mirror of this indefinitely. Happy to set up a new domain too.

That would be awesome. If the owner is willing for this to happen that would be a win for all of us.

There is a ton of information on that site. It would be a shame to lose it.

Had no idea it was still being reference so much. Well at least none of it is being lost and will live on under the new domain and server, so no need to mirror it here or anywhere else. Just wanted to give everyone fair warning that the old site will be gone but have already set it up on the new server so any links you have can change in time.

http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com

Cheers guys.

Last edited:
Marcus, glad you're keeping the GoJeep site active and your Willy's is a work of art!
Loving the build, mate :thumbup:

I've used your site for years Marcus and have even made a few small contributions. It's one of the few sites in which I trust the content completely and I go there regularly to verify information. I hope it's always available to the Jeep XJ/MJ community, and thanks for keeping it alive mate.
thumbs.gif

Don fm. 'Bama

Last edited:
Back