• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start no crank no lights no power!

hell

NAXJA Forum User
Parked my 89 xj in a lot came back and it won't start lights won't come on anywhere! Just replaced the battery ecu CPs sensor and starter relay! Didn't give me any warnings to a problem and no blown fuses! Could it be relays? Got the battery tested its 100% It's stuck on the wrong side of town surrounded by crack people! :wow: ! :doh: and I think a bum slept in it last night. Please help me

Ignition switch, not the key-lock mechanism, but the electrical one way under the dash on the top of the steering column may be bad.

Is it auto or manual trans?

I had a similar issue awhile back. Turned out to be one of the fusible links on the power distribution block on the passenger side side wheel well.

No lights--PDC, ie the STARTER RELAY.

Cranks when jumped at the starter, but not from the key--PDC, ie the STARTER RELAY.

Check the STARTER RELAY next to the battery.

He already replaced the starter relay, read post #1

Did you replace all that stuff after the no start or before?

Maybe the ECU connectors came loose or you got a bad starter relay.

The Green fusible links going to the starter relay will go bad.

They're the ones that go from a Red wire to the Green for the last few inches before the relay.

Back