• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ LM7 5.3 swap

I was also thinking there is not much engagement on the waterpump but without the mechanical fan it should be OK - we will see
If you look on the camaron/corvette belt routing it seems to be similar

fuel lines done
IMG_2256.JPG

AT shifter done. I had to straighten and then bend the shifter on other place to clear the parking position from the center console and get the 1 gear positions also. I grind the last 2 detent (3,2pos)
Now it shifts through all gear, the park, reverse, neutral, D detent work. I also relocated the TC shift linkage and it works fine ( I switched from stock 242 to 247 and now I have 231)
IMG_2278.JPG

I was also thinking there is not much engagement on the waterpump but without the mechanical fan it should be OK - we will see
If you look on the camaron/corvette belt routing it seems to be similar

Yeah that's probably true. I was drawing from experience with a guy that put this motor in a Miata (!) with superchargers (!) ... yes, plural. Two M90s mounted upside down, one over each head. He had a devil of a time getting enough engagement.

But the sound. Oh lord, the SOUND!! Shrieking demons under the hood and screaming rubber out the back. Sweet Jebus. :flame:

fuel lines done
IMG_2256.JPG

I was unaware there was an adapter from the QDs to braided hose. Two questions- can you share the PN, and why not just cut and flare an AN Tube Nut onto that rail?

I ask because this would be helpful in replacing the transmission cooler lines. I dislike QDs on vital fluids, much prefer either hardline or better yet HD hydraulic hoses (I use the stuff that can withstand thousands of pounds of pressure, used in forklifts for the hydro motors). Yes it is MASSIVE overkill, but I've lost too many transmissions to cooling lines stress cracking. I'll pay $5/ft to never have to worry about it again.

burntkat, I wanted to use the stock quick disconnect fuel rails and outputs from tank, so I decided to go Russell because of their Quick-Connect Hose End Fittings.

PN:
- Russell 611203 EFI SAE Female Quick-Connect Hose End Fitting Straight - 3/8'' SAE Female to 06 AN
- Russell 611253 Full Flow Hose End Straight End -06AN To 5/16 in
- Russell 632080 ProFlex Hose -06 AN

Awesome! Congratulations :)

What accessory brackets did you use?

So the fbody headers actually fit? I was told only the Novak headers will work. I will be using the Novak mounts so your mounts might make those headers work.

In that instance, I'd use aircraft sealer- maybe I'm using the wrong term- it's a non-hardening form-a-gasket in a tube, grey in color, and ideal for imperfect surfaces. Goop it everywhere that isn't going to intrude upon the machinery inside.

Do somebody know if there is some modul/converter that can modulate standard tach signal to jeep CKP signal?

I would really like to use stock jeep tach but I can´t make it run with standard tach signal, because jeep PCM need the special CKP signal

thanks

I believe Dakota Digital may have what you are looking for.

Looking good! Do you have your drivelines on yet? I am starting an ls swap next week and am trying to see what areas I haven't figured out yet and the driveline length is one of them.

Back