• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare Brake Lines

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I've been carrying a spare front and a spare rear brake line since I got my Heep. Now that is sufficiently lifted, those are too short. I've replaced the rear brake line with a Skyjacker stainless steel braided line, but I still want to carry spares, cause ya never know. My mechanic got me the spare hoses originally and told me that if I can tell him the Napa part numbers that I need, he can return the hoses that I haven't used for credit and get the longer ones I need.

Questions:

1. I hear that YJ brake lines are longer and will work. True?

2. Any particular year YJ?

3. Are the front brake lines different and should I carry one of each?

4. Anybody know what the correct Napa part numbers are?

Thanks people!

Questions:
1. I hear that YJ brake lines are longer and will work. True?

2. Any particular year YJ?

3. Are the front brake lines different and should I carry one of each?

4. Anybody know what the correct Napa part numbers are?

1. For the size lift you discribe in your sig, a YJ rear line will work.

2. I told the guy at NAPA that I wanted one for a '95 model YJ.

3. You don't need front ones. Your XJ brake lines will work for the size lift you have. You can gently straighten the bend in the hard line and relocate the attachment to the fender well lower. I'm still using stock length hoses with a 4.5" lift.

4. Ask the guy at the NAPA store. He's got all the numbers in some books he keeps behind the counter. ;)

RR3

Here's what the YJ front brake lines look like:
standard.jpg

I'd suggest putting them in, relocating the hard line as low as it will go to maximize legnth. Don't worry about carrying a spare, the rubber hoses are more resiliant than the stainless steel ones and a spare is as close as the nearest auto parts store. Tell them you need all three hoses for a non-ABS '95 YJ.

Is this enough droop for 'ya?
standard.jpg

LOCKED UP said:
I'm running lines from a 92 cheby .... cheap & they are about 24" length total....

a 92 chevy what? Astro? Blazer? Camaro? Caprice? Cavalier?Corsica? Corvette?

2wd? 4wd? front? rear? do they bolt to the xj hard lines? calipers? come on man, help us out a little!

thanks,
matthew

Back