• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 xj rear window wiper blade

Sloerolla

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all.. new owner here and diggin my awesome jeep. Can anyone please enlighten me on how to replace the rear wiper blade? I have been flummoxed by some simple things and I feel like Im gonna feel pretty silly when someone turns the light on for me. But here I am in the dark.. Please help

My 96 has the same type pin as the front wipers.
The 98 has a J-hook type same as front.

Same as my '92 - pin style. Just wiggle it while applying some slight upward (away from arm) pressure, and it'll pop right off.

Just have the guy at AutoReillyAdvance do it for you and show you how. It is a free service and comes with the price of the blade.....
Good luck.

I used to be a service writer and a few times each year someone would bring their car in for a windshield they broke while changing the wiper blades. I don't let the kid at Autozone anywhere near my cars...I know that some of the, are quite competent, but I don't know which ones.

Back