• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The force was strong with this one, Oil filter nightmares

Well I'm obviously not smarter than the problem. I'm not seeing them. I'm on my phone, I'll have to check with my 'puter.

I just read something about androids have issues with .jpeg image / file display. It can also be settings on your system.

Well I'm obviously not smarter than the problem. I'm not seeing them. I'm on my phone, I'll have to check with my 'puter.

So, they are a no show on my android phone using Google Chrome as the browser. And Opera on my PC does not display them, but my normal browser, Firefox shows them. I only use Opera for streaming videos, and Firefox for every thing else. I use the smart phone for phone calls, LOL. And sometimes to check email

I use Chrome. I opened the page with IE and can see the pictures.

Then you can see that my earlier attempt crushed the middle of the can and failed to get it to turn using the chain-strap wrench? I left it there to double up with the 3 foot breaker bar to double team the sob if needed, LOL.

Local oil change place I have used for years until now.

ra,womens_tshirt,x1000,fafafa:ca443f4786,front-c,190,200,315,294-bg,ffffff.u2.jpg

Does this mean you will stop doing your own oil changes? :hang:

So it's not just me?

I haven't totally lost it?

(Or at least, this isn't the evidence that proves I have totally lost it.)

I am on Firefox, Windows 7. No pics. Not even in the linkys. Just the teeny tiny white square.

:dunno:

Not getting any pictures. Windows XP, and on Opera now.., but then for the past few days I have not been able to get into my yahoo email account..; due to an error 49. However I could get to my account via FoxFire. Seems there are some disruptions throughout the net.., yet no one is talking about it. However I think I must upgrade to a more up to date OS, and higher versions of everything else. Of course my only getting 46.2 kbps on a good land line session does not help much either when the net is congested with lots of traffic.

EcoMike; Did you forget to put a swipe of oil on the oil filter base 'o' ring? Could it be that the rubber melted somewhat in, and around the casted steel? I have had a couple of tight ones before in life, on different vehicles, and only had to use a screwdriver those twice times due to difficult areas to reach 'em.

I did not install that oil filter. Yes the oring was oiled first.

I was on my death bed the last 3 years, at one point I could not stand up or sit up with out help, or even use a fork and knife to cut food. I am back doing heavy duty wrenching for now, until my RE flares up again.

I had a local shop my kids and I used for years do the oil & filter changes. But my son's filter was leaking weeks later, and was three turns loose by hand last year (so they have screwed up before).

On this one they used the 1" nut on top of the K&N filter to torque it in place, and they must have gone way overboard from the looks of the compression marks on the flat o'ring seal. But when I first tried to remove it the socket rounded off the nut on top of the filter it was so tight. Never, ever had that problem before. No, the rubber was not melted but it was torqued down like its life depended on it, LOL.

This was ten times worse than removing the the oil filter adapter to change o'rings 10 years ago, LOL!! I had to use a 3/4" drive set up, the torque I had to use, probably would have busted a 3/8" drive tool.

Not getting any pictures. Windows XP, and on Opera now.., but then for the past few days I have not been able to get into my yahoo email account..; due to an error 49. However I could get to my account via FoxFire. Seems there are some disruptions throughout the net.., yet no one is talking about it. However I think I must upgrade to a more up to date OS, and higher versions of everything else. Of course my only getting 46.2 kbps on a good land line session does not help much either when the net is congested with lots of traffic.

EcoMike; Did you forget to put a swipe of oil on the oil filter base 'o' ring? Could it be that the rubber melted somewhat in, and around the casted steel? I have had a couple of tight ones before in life, on different vehicles, and only had to use a screwdriver those twice times due to difficult areas to reach 'em.

It must be a menu setting in Firefox that you have disabled that when enabled displays certain image types? Google "jpeg image no showing firefox setting"

Cell phones may require super small special images for downloading to solve the band width issues? Chrome on Android does not display jpeg images by default. I could not find any software (free) that I could download for changing the images to the old(?) jpg image format. And my photoshop software is on the other laptop I need to fix (Cooling fan is bad), another roundtoit project. I had already had to download and use resizing software but neither one I tried for on line images let me create jpg images. I am not even sure it is an image format issue with you guys????

So it's not just me?

I haven't totally lost it?

(Or at least, this isn't the evidence that proves I have totally lost it.)

I am on Firefox, Windows 7. No pics. Not even in the linkys. Just the teeny tiny white square.

Regarding the supposed photos in post #1 there is no indication there was ever a photo when viewed with the browsers listed below.

As to the posts with links, the following are the results with various browsers.

Chrome---NOPE. Tiny, very tiny black square on an all black page.

MS Edge---NOPE. Blank white page.

Internet explorer 11---NOPE. Blank white page.

I'll have to check firefox from the computer in the family room.

EDIT: I can see the chick in the white shirt.

Interesting as the T-Shirt is also a JPEG image like the others I hosted on Naxja's server in my account in post #1, but the t-shirt is hosted on another web site where they sell the shirts.

It must be your all's browser settings or a Naxja issue or a combination? Like I said Google has tons of blog discussions on settings on the browsers that need to be changed to fix it on your end.

Regarding the supposed photos in post #1 there is no indication there was ever a photo when viewed with the browsers listed below.

As to the posts with links, the following are the results with various browsers.

Just for grins does this one show up?

picture.php

I've tried to view them on just about every OS/browser combination I can think of (within Windows & Android), and nothing works. I see the T-shirt just fine as well.

CRAZY to tighten a filter that much, BTW. I never tighten them more than I can with my hands, and don't use tools at all to R&R. I've never had one come loose in 30 years.

Was the Jeep hot, by chance? Hot jeep makes taking the filter off harder.

Nope mine runs at 180-200 F tops. The quick lube place over tightened it using the 1" nut on top of the K&N filter. Rookies, :shiver:

I just checked the folder these photos are in and the setting is set to public, not private????

I wonder if you need to be a paid member to view them here now?

I've tried to view them on just about every OS/browser combination I can think of (within Windows & Android), and nothing works. I see the T-shirt just fine as well.

CRAZY to tighten a filter that much, BTW. I never tighten them more than I can with my hands, and don't use tools at all to R&R. I've never had one come loose in 30 years.

Back