• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Suction/Discharge line leak?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
98XJ - looks like I'm leaking on the line where it goes into the condenser? Is there a gasket there? Or is it a tapered pressure held connection?

There are a couple of refrigerant o-rings. The joint is held together with a garter spring.

I have fresh oil there so it looks like it's leaking from the damn joint... ugh.... AC was fully rebuilt 2 years ago with barely any miles on it...

Since Jeep discontinued the condenser the aftermarket ones are pure junk. When I replaced mine I had to get 3 different ones before I found one that would even fit at all. One I got to barely connect but could not get it apart, ended up taking a cutoff wheel and sending it back and trying a 2 more times before I got one that worked. Too much Chinese crap out there. Its helpful to pull vacuum & also pressure test with dry nitrogen and make sure both hold before thinking about adding refrigerant. In some cases the systems will hold pressure but not vacuum and vice versa, vacuum but not pressure. That's why I test both ways.

Last edited:
Back