• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turning smooth body shocks into threaded body coilovers

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
anybody know who provides this service?

im seeing what can be done with my king 2.5" remote resi shocks.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
anybody know who provides this service?

im seeing what can be done with my king 2.5" remote resi shocks.
you should probably just give them to me:) hehe
You can get all the parts directly from King, it may not be cost effective as you would have to buy the threaded shock body, and I doubt they are cheap, but you can also get the coilover hardware and springs, the guys at King are really helpful, they are not hard to disassemble to transfer the guts to the new body though. What are your plans with the coilovers?

i thought they just ran a die over the body or something :dunno:

i got these for a smoking deal and they are going to be perfect to use as shocks for now on the back of my buggy but i thought it would be nice to think ahead for when i come back from deployment and do a tri-four link in the rear.

Skullvarian said:
you should probably just give them to me:) hehe
You can get all the parts directly from King, it may not be cost effective as you would have to buy the threaded shock body, and I doubt they are cheap, but you can also get the coilover hardware and springs, the guys at King are really helpful, they are not hard to disassemble to transfer the guts to the new body though. What are your plans with the coilovers?

The body in a regular shock would be too thin to support the weight of any vehicle….......especially one that has been threaded

Maybe you can sheave it with tubing that has been threaded on the outside, it may be possible

But your probably better off selling the shocks and buying coilovers

C85D4x4 said:
The body in a regular shock would be too thin to support the weight of any vehicle….......especially one that has been threaded

Maybe you can sheave it with tubing that has been threaded on the outside, it may be possible

But your probably better off selling the shocks and buying coilovers
those aren't "regular" shocks by any means. They use the same material for both smoothies and coilovers but they turn the threads onto the coilover bodies, I can't see that they would use a die to cut them. Sleeving is a bad idea as it will seriously degrade the heat transfer. I would call King and just ask them how much for just the threaded bodies, and go from there.

Back