• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering upgarde

.....in North America, otherwise yes the XJ was available with a front D44!

15 years i have been XJing and while people claim that all the time, nobody has ever managed to produce a single one.

'i have seen one'
'a guy has one in the garage'
'i have one in the garage for later'
'i used to have one'
'there was one on ebay'

but yet i have never seen a photo of a single one. convinced its a myth.

Hello to all,
First time posting here but I've been around for awhile now. Read as many threads as I can but can't seem to find the one I'm looking for again. Recently purchased a 95 xj. 3" lift on 31s. By the looks of it that's all that's been done mechanically. Looking for a 1 ton OTK kit but they all seem to be the same thing just different makers. Seen a post about someone doing a diy kit. Was wondering if anyone has experience with this route and what cost was like. Cost is not an issue at the moment but I purchased this to tinker with and improve my skills. So I would prefer a diy kit if price is less then a JRC, Rusty's (have heard more bad then good), etc, kits. Right now it's still a DD/weekend warrior. As long as it can make a 3 hr freeway trip once a month is the extent of the DD. Rest is around town, dirt road driving. Right now it just does mild trails and crawling. Blue green type stuff. 5" lift with 35s are on the upgrade list as well. Building to be a crawler. Pics soon if needed. Can't figure out how to add em on my phone.

What warrants the extra $250 for the OTK track bar kit? Is that something that can be fabbed myself? Or sourced cheaper? I couldn't find a parts list to see what extra it has.

Its an aluminium trackbar with ends, a weld on axle bracket and a bolt on frame bracket.

250 is a steal.

This is a pretty simple approach to a lot stronger steering. Its Under The Knuckle and uses larger than 1 Ton rod ends. There's an OTK version as well All you need to do is just ream the knuckles and pitman arm like any other 1 ton kit and you're golden.

No tie rod roll, no clearance issues, its straight beefy steering that seems like a good option for your case.

UTK
https://www.ironman4x4fab.com/product-page/ton-under-the-knuckle-steering

OTK
https://www.ironman4x4fab.com/product-page/ton-over-the-knuckle-steering

15 years i have been XJing and while people claim that all the time, nobody has ever managed to produce a single one.

'i have seen one'
'a guy has one in the garage'
'i have one in the garage for later'
'i used to have one'
'there was one on ebay'

but yet i have never seen a photo of a single one. convinced its a myth.

17 years here, and x2

Back