• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happened to the Mishimoto radiator thread?

Hey guys,

We've been trying to contact NAXJA sponsorship and haven't received a response, so as Anak pointed out the thread was pulled due to us not being a supporting vendor. This post will probably also be deleted - but I would encourage anybody interested to check out our engineering blog for more info.

Thanks!

-Steve

Hey guys,

We've been trying to contact NAXJA sponsorship and haven't received a response, so as Anak pointed out the thread was pulled due to us not being a supporting vendor. This post will probably also be deleted - but I would encourage anybody interested to check out our engineering blog for more info.

Thanks!

-Steve

I really don't understand what's going on there, Naxja has always been very enthusiastic to work with manufacturers.

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineering/2017/07/jeep-xj-cherokee-radiator-part-1/

Interesting looking product on that page.

Cool.

I want one.

ETA: Be patient with sponsorship. All of leadership is currently focused on a major change for NAXJA, expanding our world to include the other unibody Jeeps too. As a volunteer led organization there is no one who can give this place full time attention. Everything about NAXJA has to fit in after taking care of the bills.

Last edited:
Sounds like I should hold off on my membership to NAGCA, then. ;)

So I've been talking to the Mishimoto guys back channel. I'm pretty interested in what they have to offer and it looks like I'm going to pick one of these up for the Unicorn build, although they are a ways out on having one available still.

I'm sure you guys already know I'll cover it in extensive detail.

That's what I've been hoping for. $360 is a bit steep for a radiator for me just now. I know there are plenty of aluminum "radiators" out there that don't work worth a crap but look great. I want someone else to be the guinea pig.

Hey guys,

Glad to see some interest in the rad! Hopefully we can get setup with Cal and show you all it's worth the price tag. If anybody is interested in buying the rad, it is in discounted pre-sale right now. We're looking to start shipping in September but the benefit to being patient is about 30% off MSRP.

Either way, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

-Steve

Hey guys,

Thanks!

-Steve

If you are activley trying to become a sponsor and the hold up is on NAXJA's end I would like to think this thread would not get deleted

Hey guys,

Glad to see some interest in the rad! Hopefully we can get setup with Cal and show you all it's worth the price tag. If anybody is interested in buying the rad, it is in discounted pre-sale right now. We're looking to start shipping in September but the benefit to being patient is about 30% off MSRP.

Either way, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

-Steve

So it will end up being in the neighborhood of $500?

In that price range, I think I'd just go with the Be-Cool. I know it can cool a V8 in an XJ (which I still haven't managed to talk myself out of).

This new radiator looks interesting. What is the overall thickness? And how wide are the tubes?

ETA: Be patient with sponsorship. All of leadership is currently focused on a major change for NAXJA, expanding our world to include the other unibody Jeeps too. As a volunteer led organization there is no one who can give this place full time attention. Everything about NAXJA has to fit in after taking care of the bills.

You do realize how wrong this is? If there are issues managing things now how will things get better when things expand?

So it will end up being in the neighborhood of $500?

In that price range, I think I'd just go with the Be-Cool. I know it can cool a V8 in an XJ (which I still haven't managed to talk myself out of).

Once it releases, it will go up to the $530 MSRP. However, our distributors can usually get customers a much lower price.

This new radiator looks interesting. What is the overall thickness? And how wide are the tubes?

The overall core thickness of this radiator is 50mm with the tubes measuring 22mm in width.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

-Steve

Cool.

I want one.

Sorry, but if there aren't enough people now to handle the site in a timely fashion, then it's only gonna get worse when things expand (which I don't agree with, but oh well).

Last edited:
Back