• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad Prototyping and Redesigns!

I've seen several Jeeps with JCR's bumpers, not just the XJ. They make a good product and honestly, if you want something that even looks like it belongs in this decade, JCR is the way to go. Their sliders are one of a kind, and their bumpers match the body lines of the XJ well.

If anything the purpose of this thread was just to see if there was any interest in a new bumper design for the XJ, to see if it was worth the time, Effort and money to dump into a new product for the XJ. JCR needs to make a profit to stay in business and can't do that buy making custom bumpers for everyone for a good price.

Keep it Up JCR.

Ok. please explain to me why JCR came to this forum to get suggestions, and I've given some suggestions based on my lengthy experience with their bumpers, and basically get ignored and written off as an extreme case. JCR hasn't improved strength in a decade, and yet the big debate is on little holes for lights. Why not try and improve offroad strength instead of just looks? At least engage in a discussion about ways to improve the strength?

Do you have any suggestions? Yes we have improved the strength. Around 4 years ago when we came up with a way to tie the lower quarter panel armor into our rear bumpers, which makes this whole system rock solid. This is what we suggest to our customers when purchasing our Tire Carrier bumpers.

We also improved the nutstrip that goes into the frame, using larger 1/2" hardware, which increases strength for the lower tie in brackets.

You have to understand our majority customer. They don't want to, nor have the resources to cut and weld to increase the strength of the factory rear uniframe. So making something that requires fab to install is a huge no-no and will have customers just going to the next guy that has a 100% bolt on system.

All this thread is convincing me to do, is not recommend JCR to anybody anymore, because you're not there for the individual anymore, just the bulk consumers. Seems to me, all that JCR cares about is the bulk consumer nowadays, not the individual. Gone from individual consideration, to just another bulk producer for profit.

Jcr has grown from 3 guys in a garage to 14 employees in a 20,000sqft facility. I now have to deal with setting up my employees with good competitive pay, Health Insurance, 401k's, vacation time, workman's comp and so on. Basically all the things that each and everyone one of you would like from your employer. The way of doing business now is nothing like it was when you purchased a bumper from us. The process is 100% different.

To say we went from individual consideration to a profit hungry bulk producer is a far stretch. If we only cared about money, why would we take the time to update a product line that a.) Sold well b.) already was designed and in production? We care about our reputation, we offer every customer all the support they desire. The only thing we don't offer is our product customized to each and every persons request.

If any of you ever took the time to find us at an event and talk to us in person, you would quickly find out how passionate we are about our product, brand and customers.

~Brian

Quoting for RedHeep. :rolleyes:

Are you afraid I can't read?

Again, assuming I know nothing about manufacturing or logistics. I didn't say that there wasn't a number of considerations when developing a product, whether you're big or small. What I said was that you made the same assumption that you said I did, when you assumed that the group of "actual customers" was the predominant group who liked or disliked the look of the light option.

When I see someone from JCR at a NAXJA event, I'll be sure to say hello. I'm sure they're planning that trip right now. :rolleyes:

Reworked our Integrated panels for the new rear bumper design:
10557439_10152599319718276_4071481494207875560_n.jpg

We got hung up waiting for some latch parts, so we switch gears and started working on our Rack again.

Prototype:
10556293_10152602112928276_6569782221573586663_n.jpg

Here's the full rack/50" LED Light bar rack prototype:
10480982_10152612953238276_4407321273163089755_n.jpg

Also made some progress on our JCR Real Hawk project!

More to come!
~Brian

Have you guys made any headway???

I'm very interested in a rack like this.

Thanks!

Does the new rear tire carrier come with lower quarter panel armor?

Its not talked about at all in the description and there isn't an option for it like the lights or the actual carrier.

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Does the new rear tire carrier come with lower quarter panel armor?

Its not talked about at all in the description and there isn't an option for it like the lights or the actual carrier.

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

No, it is separate. The armor is on our site though, just not listed as the related items yet!

Back