• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2DIN deck install in a 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with that is it only gives you a mold of one side, I still have to account for all the mounting posts on the backside and the posts to mount both the air vents, that is where the High dollar cost comes in.

To do a injection mold of for just the front is only about $3,000 to $4,000

Is the higher part of the setup cost on that making the mold or doing the initial impression? I'm wondering if this might not be able to be vacuum-formed, but it's a complex shape in a lot of ways and the original materials may not like that process.

The issue with that is it only gives you a mold of one side, I still have to account for all the mounting posts on the backside and the posts to mount both the air vents, that is where the High dollar cost comes in.

Yea, I didn't think about that. Would it be possible to make the fiberglass casting mount to the necessary pieces from a stock panel. An injection mold is the way to go, but at that price there has to be a cheaper medium.

BAAAAAAMMM!!!!!!

Pioneer, AVIC-X920BT. Just waiting for the IPOD cable before I install it.
stereo-2DIN.jpg

And here's my bezel beside P1atinum's. Many thanks for the awesome work Curtis!!
stereo-2DIN-bezels.jpg

BTW. My alpine deck/ ipod connect/ metra adapter will be for sale after the pioneer deck get's installed

Urban you need to hurry up and get some install pics! I'm trying to decide if I want to make the bezel level with the trim or protruding out a little like P1atinum's original.

IIRC, my retro used a Metra adapter made for a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.

That is the kit we used for yours Urban

How much shipped over the pond?

Seriously, I´ve bought a ´99 XJ on saturday and would love to install a double DIN unit - would any of you guys make another bezel like that?

PM'd you BG.

pm me a price too!

PM'd OT

What paint was used on yan's bezel?

Urbans color was color matched paint Mopar Agate from "Spectra Match" , I think it a little light compaired to the Agate of my dash. My dash is closer to between the Agate and the Satan Black I used on mine console... It's funny the dash is actually two differnt colors. the color matched paint matches the back of the Bezel perfet but is slightly off from the trim around the gauges.

Both consoles look great installed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back