• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff Covers for an - XJ, 8.25, 8.8, D30 & D44's

Dan, I hear good things about your stuff and I have been waiting to order from you until i figure out my rear axle plans. Looks like I'm gonna stick with an 8.25 and do a disk swap on it. The front axle I've bought already had a diff cover but I will be ordering a rear one from you as soon as I get the axle regeared.

OK, so I just looked at the receipt for my covers and realized it took me just shy of a year to get these put on. I had an ARB install and a re-gear holding up the show, but still...:doh:

So here's some pics. I usually don't stray too far from Satin Black when I'm painting parts, but given the way these covers are built, I figured some Krylon "Battleship Gray" was appropriate...

Ready for install with some LubeLockers (you can see my homemade fill plug tool sitting between the covers)
100_9434.jpg

Rear Dana 44
100_9483.jpg

Front Dana 30
100_9493.jpg

I got the countersunk bolts to add some rigidity to the housings and they all lined up nicely. Torqued them to 25 ft/lbs (to keep from breaking allen wrenches) and they are leak free. And just in case anyone was wondering, the D30 cover fits just fine with Currie Currectlync steering. There's about a 1/4" gap at full lock.

Awesome covers, thanks Dan! :thumbup::thumbup:

Just got the rear one yesterday. Havent had a chance to try and break them yet, but i dont think I will succeed. Thanks Dan.

i'd be afraid shearing that little bolt head off on a rock... i suppose then you potentially compromise the strength by removing so much material thickness.... but it's a thought.

Been running your covers front and rear for a couple years now. They have the gouges to prove their worth. However..... the rubicon claimed the bolt head from the drain screw. Any plans to make it recessed into the flange like the 60 cover? If not how about drilling the hole in two steps and having a set screw sealing against an o-ring at the step? that way it would all be reccesed, and protected from the big mean rocks.

Dont take it the wrong way, love the product. I guess if this is the only negative i can come up with in 2 years its pretty damn good.

Welded the drain hole shut on mine before install, seemed like a point of failure that I didn't want to have to deal with. Also, running LubeLocker gaskets make changing fluid a breeze and don't you really want to inspect what's going on inside your diff at lube change time anyway?

There is a reason over 5,500 have looked at this thread! In the 5 years we have been making 3/8" thick covers times have changed, when we started everyone said why would they ever need the strength? Now 5 different companies have started making covers like ours.

We were not the first to make a fabricated Differential Cover but we were the 1st make the 3/8" thick cover, 1st to machine them flat, 1st to weld them inside and out, 1st to countersink the holes. We aren't revolutionary, but we are ORIGINAL and we still make them with the dedication we started with years ago and thats why there are over 8,000 of them in use!

i have bashed your covers on rocks and all that i did was scratch the paint! they are nearly bulletproof.
when my new rig gets here in 2 weeks i one of the first mods will be to install a d-60 cover on the front axle! (it already has one of your 14 bolt rear covers & pinion guard) ruffstuff = pure beef!

Got the one for my *.25 ordered and can't wait till it get's here!!! Justr a couple of quick questiong on my mind if someone could help? Can I still use my stock mounting bolts to put it on with? Just has a thick flange and was wondering? Also is the fill hole a bit higher than stock? Kinda looks like it and I hope it is since I have the rear shimmed a bit and wouldn"t mind it if it was a bit higher?
Anyways can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!

I just can't wait till it get's here!!!!!!! It will be so going on ASAP!!!!

What would a new set of bolts for my 8.25 cover counter sunk option! cost shipped to 80922

My pal used the wrong size allen and stripped a couple of em.

May I ask what the overall depth of your D60 cover is compared to the stock sheetmetal one? My fuel tank is a bit close and I don't want to have to clearance it.:shocked: GREAT looking product by the way.

Back