• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rare Stealth Cherokee for sale!

That steering wheel won't work. Its on the wrong side. :laugh3:

I've seen those body kits on sale occasionally, but if you guys are interested in some better pics I managed to save some last time I saw a stealth edition (or at least something made to look like a stealth edition).

stealth01.jpg

stealth02.jpg

stealth03.jpg

stealth04.jpg

stealth05.jpg

stealth06.jpg

stealth07.jpg

stealth08.jpg

stealth09.jpg

stealth10.jpg

stealth11.jpg

stealth12.jpg

stealth13.jpg

stealth14.jpg

I want that Speedo! All the way to 120 haha!
Look for a police package XJ in your local JY, they're pretty rare but from what I have heard they have 120mph speedos.

So this was a real option? Or was it a dealer add on? Either way learned something new.

It was a factory limited-edition model for the UK market.

Just because the speedo goes to 120 doesn't mean you can or should take it to 120

Exactly. You should just shoot for burying the needle because at that point numbers are pretty irrelevant anyway :D

I would've buried mine when my brother paced me topping 136 with his YZF600, but I have to flip a switch that kills the speedo(and input to pcm) so I can get past the 116 limiter. Here's the momo wheel and 125mph speedo in mine:
P5080015.jpg

Oh yeah, my brother has that same leather interior in his 95:
P3290040.jpg

P3290041.jpg

Indeed it was.

I used to walk past one on my way to & from college and always thought it was just plain wicked. IIRC, they came out about a year into the Cherokee's life in the UK market as an attention-getter for the rest of the range, playing up on the XJ's performance. Next time I'm near my old stash of car magazines I'll see if I can't dig up an ad or article for one and scan it.

My 1999 Orvis

I hate you... but at least my hood vents are functional. Hehe

Are those plexi headlamp covers on the above Stealth stock?

Speedos that go that high aren't needed anyhow. 1) Doesn't the stock speed limited hit at 120? 2) If your caught going that fast your going to jail anyhow.

I bounced mine off the speed limiter once (I10 New Orleans, 4am). It didn't feel bad at all. But that was at stock height and stock tires.

Last edited:
buy it and part it out. :roll: i want a RHD cherokee. i will pick up an 97+ mail carrier if i can ever find one for sale. there seems to be a lot of them around michigan.

a lot of cherokees period....

Same on my side of VA, plenty of RHD XJ's both converted and original. The rural route drivers buy them up and never let them go.

As far as "Cherokees per Capita" I think Roanoke would win, XJ's everywhere!

Back