• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 5.0 injectors

Wait a minute here. Even though this is even more off topic, I can't let anyone get away with saying that a chewey motor is better than a Ford. Henry Ford basically founded this country and GM is going bankrupt anyway. Pretty soon the only "American" car you will be able to buy will be a Ford. So........to insure future parts supply. I think Ford made the first Jeep anyway. It was called the Model T.

I think they were meaning a chevy sb is a better all around motor to stuff into an xj. better support, better power,etc.

not a chevy vs ford arguement

SBC's are better motor swaps. Fewer complications, fewer hassles, better power. Computer is easier to tune. People already make motor mount and bell housing adapters to put a SBC into anything.

The only ford motor worth putting into your jeep would be an 'O3 cobra motor. Then again you could always build an LSx and add boost for the same price.

Henry ford was a Nazi supporting, anti-semitic, hate monger. He did do worlds for the auto industry though.

Henry ford was a Nazi supporting, anti-semitic, hate monger. He did do worlds for the auto industry though.

And Volkswagon was created by/for Hitler and the Nazi regime. Wouldn't hold it against them today though :D

I'm looking at upgrading to the 5.0 injectors, as the stock injectors in my '89 4.0 are leaking horribly. I have found a couple of sets of them on ebay for decent prices. Should I avoid buying used ones? I have read that these 5.0 injectors are very strong because of their one piece design, does that mean i would be fine purchasing older ones?

Thanks,

ECGTECH

Just rec's my set of ford 5.0 injectors from precision auto injectors. Took 5 working days from them to my mailbox in british columbia,I couldnt believe it! I plan on installing them tonight. Would there be any advantage to insulating them with some heat sheilding? My intake is completely cooltaped to help from heat from the exhaust. I have more cooltape , and some 3/4 inch dei coolwrap, would this help? or just hold heat in? Thanks in advancve for any advice here!:guitar:

2-7.jpg

tjis is what i'm thinkin, probably the sheeth stuff, whatya think? do more harnm than good,bad idea? plan on doing it after lunch. thanks

I did not do anything to mine and have had no problems. You can if you want to, but they are going to get hot from absorption through the manifold regardless of how much stuff you wrap them with to prevent radiant heat.

went without ,evryone I asked thought it would just hold heat inside them. Man what a difference! starts quicker, idles super smooth,crisp throttle response, no more momentary bog when I whack the gas!

• Just my 2 cents here, but ppl seem to be pushing for mustang injectors, but i was under the hood of my dad's 94 f150 and it had orange top injectors as well. Doesn't need to be from a mustang, im sure some of you knew this but it's nice to have another app to look for.

search around, I do not have it handy but it is in this thread I think, I know it is on Dinos site as well as GoJeep's. The color coding is for how many lbs per hour they spray.

Does not need to me from a mustang. Heck, I have LT1 injectors from a Camaro in my rig. Just find out what fuel flow they give you.

Wait a minute here. Even though this is even more off topic, I can't let anyone get away with saying that a chewey motor is better than a Ford. Henry Ford basically founded this country and GM is going bankrupt anyway. Pretty soon the only "American" car you will be able to buy will be a Ford. So........to insure future parts supply. I think Ford made the first Jeep anyway. It was called the Model T.

The model T predated any "Jeeps." "Jeep" was originally a generic term used for quarter ton vehicles supplied to the military. The "first" jeep is a loose term as American bantam car company, Willy's-overland, and Ford motor company were the first to submit bids to the military for the first "Jeeps." The first Ford jeep was the Ford GP in 1941, the model T came much earlier.

just ordered from precision auto.
cant beat the price and warranty etc.

martin

Ok I have read it all and am still confused. I have a stock 4.0 87 XJ. Which injectors do I need? Blue or Orange?
For Ford 302 injectors, either yellow or orange tops.
If you go LT1 injectors, get a set from a 93 camaro, otherwise the flow rate is too high and you will run rich.

For Ford 302 injectors, either yellow or orange tops.
If you go LT1 injectors, get a set from a 93 camaro, otherwise the flow rate is too high and you will run rich.

Correct.

Ford injectors:

12's - Gold top
14's - Blue Top - E3EE-BA ( Low Impedance )
14's - Gray top -
16's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
17's - Creme/white top ( Low Impedance )
19's - White - E6EE-AB ( Low Impedance )
19's - Orange/Yellow top - 3.8 L through V8s including F350 vans.
19's - Gold
19's - Yellow/Black
21's - Lavender - ( EV6 )
22's - Pink top ( EV6 )
23's - Black - E4EX-BA ( Low Impedance )
24's - Light bluish/gray top -
25's - Blue/Green -
25's - Light blue ( EV6 )
30's - Dark Red top -
30's - Green - E3ZE-BA ( Low Impedance )
35's - Brown top ( Low Impedance ) -
36's - Cobalt blue top ( sometimes silver )
37's - Green- E3VE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
39's - Blue ( EV6 ) ( thin style ) -
42's - Lime Green top -
46's - Blue - EOSE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
52's - Gray - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
56's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
64's - Green - E53E-AB ( Low Impedance )
150's - Bright Orange top ( Low Impedance )

Back