• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Final Trail List.

GRNT

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here is the final list of trails and leaders.
Some adjustments may be made at the event.
We are still needing a leader for the Gemini Bridges run. If there is not enough interst or a leader for this run doesn't step forward then we will drop the trail.

FALL FLING 2002
MOAB, UTAH
TRAIL LIST FOR
OCTOBER 9-12

E= EASY; stock vehicles with minimum modifications
M=MODERATE; vehicles with moderate modifications. ie. 3”+ lift, 30”+ tires, some skid protection
H=HARD; minimum 3.5”+ lift, minimum 31” tires, skid protection, and traction aid at least in one differential, experienced driver in 4 wheeling, willing to take body damage.
D=VERY DIFFICULT; minimum 4.5”+ lift, minimum 32” tires, minimum mandatory one locker or two well working limited slips, tools, spare parts and knowledge in repairing vehicle, willing to take probable body damage and spend long day on trail with family.
TRAIL LIST
(LEADER)
TUESDAY, OCTOBER, 8
E=Gemini Bridges (above and below)
M=Steel Bender (Troy)
H=Behind the Rocks (Mil)
D=Moab Rim ( Rick)

WENDSDAY, OCTOBER, 9.
E=Tusher Tunnel (Mil)
M=Tusher Tunnel/Wipeout Hill (Mil)
H= Metal Masher (Jeff Turner)
D= Pritchett Canyon (Mark H.)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER, 10.
E= Schaffer Trail (Mike G.)
M= Poison Spider (Jason) Possible all Ladies run on this trail if there’s enough interst.
H= Cliff Hanger (Mil)
D=Helldorado (Mark H.)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER, 11
E=
M= HELLS REVENGE (Jeff Turner)
H= ALL XJ RUN
D=

SATURDAY, OCTOBER, 12
E=Top of World/Rose Garden (Mike G.)
M= Gold Bar Rim to Golden Spike (Gabe and Kim)
H= Poison Spider/Golden Spike (Nay)
D= Rusty Nail/Golden Spike (Sean R)

Looks real good, Mil. We talked about splitting the Friday Hell's revenge run into two groups, do you need another trail leader for the other group?

Richard G

Yeah, how about Jeff leading everyone out to Hell's Gate where we usually stop and have lunch anyway and on the way out, Jeff can take the more ambitious bunch on the harder obstacles while the rest can either stay and watch or go on with the rest of the trail?

Metal Masher/Gemini Bridges on Wed

Mil, if you can't rustle up a leader for the Tuesday Gemini Run, note that my plan is to stop at upper Gemini after we get done with Metal Masher, it's on the the way off the MM trail anyway and depending on the size of the group/breakdowns there should be plenty of time to check out the Bridges.

X

We will be splitting Fridays Hell's Revenge. We will work out the details at the City Market that morning. There's several that can lead the run with no problem so that shouldn't be an issue. The issue will be do we put the less agressive out first or the aggressive drivers that will take the hard lines out first? Spectatoring seems to be very popular for Hell's Gate and the Hot Tub so it's difficult to figure out. Perhaps we will just play it by ear for those that get bored and don't care about spectatoring and someone can lead them on a regular run on HR without stopping at all the obstacles.

Jeff, We can mention that to people on Wendsday when you lead MM. Thanks.

I'd say let the non-aggro's run first, if they want to stop and watch they can go up ahead and park plenty far out of the way and come back and watch, then they can speed along to the next obstacle..............

Sean

[quote:76015c12b9="OneTonXJ"]I'd say let the non-aggro's run first, if they want to stop and watch they can go up ahead and park plenty far out of the way and come back and watch, then they can speed along to the next obstacle..............

Sean[/quote:76015c12b9]

Not a bad idea Sean, all of the more difficult obstacles come after HG......hmmm, here's another twist, try it on for size.
For the aggro group, we run the trail backwards to Hells Gate where we meet the rest of the group for lunch (11:00am-ish) , grub is munched, hikes are made to the overlook and then we play on Hells Gate before heading out. The larger part of the group can head first and fan out at Mickeys Hottub so those that want to try it can play through. This is the hardest spot to park 40 rigs without blocking the trail. Then we drop down to Escalator where we watch you pull giant wheelstands and Beezil can test out his exo-roof rack......then on to Tip Over Challenge. After TOC, some can hang a right and hit Rubble Trouble, other can mosey off the trail at thier leisure or cruise back to town to prep for dinner.
Just an idea, open for suggestions

X

[quote:f9b1afe57e="XJEEPER"][quote:f9b1afe57e="OneTonXJ"]I'd say let the non-aggro's run first, if they want to stop and watch they can go up ahead and park plenty far out of the way and come back and watch, then they can speed along to the next obstacle..............

Sean[/quote:f9b1afe57e]

Not a bad idea Sean, all of the more difficult obstacles come after HG......hmmm, here's another twist, try it on for size.
For the aggro group, we run the trail backwards to Hells Gate where we meet the rest of the group for lunch (11:00am-ish) , grub is munched, hikes are made to the overlook and then we play on Hells Gate before heading out. The larger part of the group can head first and fan out at Mickeys Hottub so those that want to try it can play through. This is the hardest spot to park 40 rigs without blocking the trail. Then we drop down to Escalator where we watch you pull giant wheelstands and Beezil can test out his exo-roof rack......then on to Tip Over Challenge. After TOC, some can hang a right and hit Rubble Trouble, other can mosey off the trail at thier leisure or cruise back to town to prep for dinner.
Just an idea, open for suggestions

X[/quote:f9b1afe57e]

Are you not running Escalator???? You're due for that aren't you? I'm kind of interested in the reverse run, but I've still got to get approval for time off (and verify that I have vaction time for it :roll: ) I wonder what Mickey's will be like with 35" tires....?

I could deal with runnin' it backwards, then the aggro group would still have time to fix stuff in the morning as it wouldn't take long at all to get out to HG. I'm certainly dumping into Escalator this time, water or not. Full cage, race seats, and 5 points really starts to get rid of the fear factor that wasn't all that existent before :shock: There's a really cool climb towards the begining of HR that you don't hit or even see unless you're running it backwards. I've only done it/seen it once and that was in the middle of the night. It's got some really good "puddle" holes in it and it's sort of a crack climb also, do you know what I'm talking about. I didn't spot it when I was out there last year and really want to hit it again.

Sean

[quote:d0eaceeb90="OneTonXJ"]I could deal with runnin' it backwards, then the aggro group would still have time to fix stuff in the morning as it wouldn't take long at all to get out to HG. I'm certainly dumping into Escalator this time, water or not. Full cage, race seats, and 5 points really starts to get rid of the fear factor that wasn't all that existent before :shock: There's a really cool climb towards the begining of HR that you don't hit or even see unless you're running it backwards. I've only done it/seen it once and that was in the middle of the night. It's got some really good "puddle" holes in it and it's sort of a crack climb also, do you know what I'm talking about. I didn't spot it when I was out there last year and really want to hit it again.

Sean[/quote:d0eaceeb90]

I think I know what you're talking about Sean, we can try it out if I can find it again, running at night makes the scenery look a little different if you know what I mean. I was hoping for a full moon during the run, but no luck.......

Back