• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short trip through Four Arches Canyon

IntrepidXJ

NAXJA Member #647
Date: October 12, 2008

Sunday was our final day in Moab and I'm not going to lie, I was getting pretty exhausted after exploring and wheeling the last eight days plus staying up later than normal around the campfire with my friends. Still, I didn't want to head home on Sunday without exploring a new trail, even if it didn't take very long. After checking out from our motel, Amanda and I headed out to check out Four Arches Canyon.

Four Arches Canyon is a short trail that takes off from the Gemini Bridges Road about a mile west past the Gemini Bridges. While the intersection is signed and points towards the canyon and Crips Hole, it does not appear to be very well travelled. We followed the trail for about 2.5 miles until we reached a section that was too washed out to continue, but at that point we were almost at the end of the canyon anyways. While the lighting made it difficult to get pictures of the two arches located on the east side of the canyon, we were able to find all four of them.

Trail in Four Arches Canyon
IMG_3669.JPG

Bullwhip Arch
IMG_3659.JPG

Mosquito Arch
IMG_3686.JPG

IMG_3687.JPG

Shadow Arch
IMG_3674.JPG

Crips Arch (hard to see in the picture)
IMG_3693.JPG

Sandy wash bottom
IMG_3688.JPG

After spending a few hours exploring the canyon we headed for the highway and made our way home. It was a great nine days in Moab :)

Full gallery can be found here:

Four Arches Canyon

Back