• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blower motor fuse

CustomCrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I keep putting a 25 amp into my blower motor fuse (ac/heat, in the book says blower motor though)

All it does is blow them soon as it gets connected. :tears:

My AC/Heater doesnt work at all. My heater use to work, but not it doesnt. (blowing fuses.) :hang:

I'd stop putting fuses in it and start looking for the short.

heatwireqe7.png

I'd run battery + to one wire of the blower and neg- to the other and see if the blower works. I'd then try the same thing through a 25a fuse and verify it isn't drawing too much power. If the blower passes that test, I'd start looking for shorted wires.

you can work from either direction (battery through circuit to blower or blower back through circuit to battery), but make sure there is a methodical process and double check each step before you move on.

See if the blower motor works on full blast?? If so, it's the blower motor resistor.

I changed mine 2x before realizing that the actual blower motor was going bad and drawing too much current, which kept blowing the resistor. Changed the blower motor, and put in another new resistor, and it's been fine ever since.

Back