• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 mount brackets?

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
Starting the buildup of my 30/44 and since the brackets are rotting on the 30, I'm going to buy some beefier ones. Here's some I've looked at...

Rustys ($205 shys me away)
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...rustys&Product_Code=RC-CSSM&Category_Code=cus
rcsm_02.jpg

TNT Customs (~$110 for both, not bad)
http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=128
http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=129
CoilSpringMounts.jpg

LCABrackets.jpg

Ballistic Fab ($100, very reasonable although I'll need the retainers as well)
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/XJ--TJ-Jeep-combo-bracket-upgrade-kit_p_32-1542.html
xj-front.jpg

Pros? Cons? Even though Ballistic Fab states they use factory geometry, I can only assume Rustys and TNTs does as well. As of right now I think I might go with Ballistic (includes trac bar mount). Any others you guys like? Any input on these?

What steering setup do you intend going for? If it's a high steer type you'll want the trackbar bracket to sit higher, so it won't really make a difference if it's included with the brackets or not. ...just a thought.

For now it's staying under the knuckle, but eventually WJ so I'll need an OTA trac bar mount in the future. (not very near future)

EDIT: this is MoparManiac...

Both Rusty and Ballistic have built in shock mounting locations that may limit your shock options, plus the trackbar bracket location isn't going to work with an OTK steering setup.

I know you said WJ knuckles in the future, but having built a D30 recently, just do it once. It'll take take you twice the time to fab stuff for 2 steering setups, trackbar locations, etc., not to mention dialing in geometry and handling issues.

So I guess my next question is...

Are the JKS steering and track bar bolt on for this?

I know I'll need to get the OTA and frame mount brackets for the track bar, but is the track bar they sell for an XJ too long? I'm not a fabber by any mines so I'm trying to see if there's one I can just purchase and bolt on rather than pay someone to fab up.

I just finished my dana 30 polishing with some wj knuckles. I went with a tnt trus with the high steer trackbar mount. TnT coil buckets, ballistic fabrication lower control arm mounts, and ordered the dom and ends for my tierod and draglink from ballistic.

I realy like the ballistic control arm mounts. Everything worked out great, now all I need are some after market shafts.

You should do it all at once, I would hate to have to do this in more than one step.

TNT and Ballistic are both Naxja sponsors and make good products. Whichever of their designs better fits where you plan to go, I'd roll with.

None of the brackets account for the fact that XJ springs are not "flat" wound.IIRC someone makes what I describe,otherwise just make them!

RCP Phx said:
None of the brackets account for the fact that XJ springs are not "flat" wound.IIRC someone makes what I describe,otherwise just make them!

There are a couple of guys that make them, but the flat spring surfaces do work fine. I've been running non-profiled spring perches for several years now.

CID__10-08-06_1801.jpg

Thats cool,I saw some on here the other day that looked like you could pilot the spring with plastic too.Kinda help isolate spring noise(I think it was Energy Suspension).

Flat mounts work fine though. I used some ballistic coil mounts (not the xj ones) on my 60, the spring is bolted down by another plate, popped out once but I believe the bolt loosened.

Here's the Clayton plastic mounts - looks quite nice actually, I like! I guess to do bumpstops with this setup would just require a slight modification to the lower hockey puck to slot over the tab holding the spring in place and the bolt would just be replaced with a longer one going through all the pucks.
pixsrv.aspx

I also like their high clearance brackets:
pixsrv.aspx

pixsrv.aspx

pixsrv.aspx

I think I may end up going with ballistic fab combo mounts, comes with everything I need.

I'm trying to keep the cost low as I'm still in college lol.

I think I may just end up going with WJ knuckles though to do it once.

I priced out a JK D44 swap (F/R) however I'd be worried about parts availability with that. I'm pretty sure autozone,crown, etc. don't carry anything for them yet. I'd be bending over for the dealer...

Back