• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown Vic Swap ?'s

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of the Crown vic swap for disc brakes on my dana 44 and was wondering why no one re-uses the original retainer plates instead of getting the rubi ones. Also I was wondering how much play the axle should have sliding in and out with the retainer bolts tight. I put it back together with the original ones but I'm not about to drive it without knowing.

You have to do something,the spacer IIRC is about .225".

where does the spacer go?

ok what about how to make/where to get the spacer

so you use both retainers then?

No,just the Rubi's.

ok i figured it out. When I ordered the Rubi retainers from the dealership they gave me the wrong one. The one I got from them didnt have the extra lip thing and it was the exact same as the one on the cherokee except had the wrong bolt pattern. That last link you posted showed a better picture that I haven't seen before then I went and checked part numbers with what I had and what it says. Man that would have saved me a big headache.

Back