• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM battery surgery, or how to salvage a dead OEM battery

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I take it that means three years later and you are still happy with the results.

Like you I have a small fleet going. Have you gone out and purchased one of these for every vehicle? Or are you just using one in the garage and rotating batteries through? If the latter, do you have an interval on which you operate? Or do you just apply as needed?

I take it that means three years later and you are still happy with the results.

Like you I have a small fleet going. Have you gone out and purchased one of these for every vehicle? Or are you just using one in the garage and rotating batteries through? If the latter, do you have an interval on which you operate? Or do you just apply as needed?

I have mostly new batteries and all the rigs get at least started 1/week or daily now. I did find out that I needed to use a maintainer at the same time if I intended to use a defaulters. I think once the battery is desolated all it needs is a maintainer/charger. In fact some desulfaters will damage the battery plates if it is used too long, like weeks non stop. I think some of the units are both in one rig. I forget. But a desulfater by itself for weeks with out charging the battery will da=rain the battery

Back