• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing KOH pit info

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We need to get a head count of who is absolutely going to be there on Sat and Sun to work in the pits. The race is this weekend, Feb 5. I know we've been talking to most directly, but we're short on time and need to confirm things. We also need to plan where everyone is going to stay. We need to be able to staff and equip 2 remote pit locations, plus the main pit.

Our garage address in Hammertown is 317 Rugged Rd. This is straight down Boone Rd once you hit the lakebed. Our spot is 40 x 80, so it will be tight getting the RV's and vehicles in there, so we need to know who to plan for. Here is a link to the Hammertown map:

http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-line/garage-location-and-tent-request-form/

Please post up if you plan to work in the pits and when you plan to be there, and what you will be bringing. Be as specific as possible.

Here is a list of who I remember for sure will be there, and most of you Cal has talked to and I might not be remembering, so we'll update the list as it goes.

James
Danny
Carol
Kris T
Eric Maxey
Jeff Carpenter

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for sunday, riding up with sequoia. I already spoke with Cal about it last night. If you need an extra pair of hands in the pit I'm there.

James
Danny
Carol
Kris T
Eric Maxey
Jeff Carpenter
Mike Vincent

We also have a limited number of team hoodies and T-shirts for pit crew members. Hoodies are $30 and T-shirts are $15. Wish the cost was less or we could afford to provide them, but we're way beyond being tapped out on this project. Hoodies and shirts are black with the team number on the front and team logos on the back.

James
Danny
Carol
Kris T
Eric Maxey
Jeff Carpenter
Mike Vincent
Kenyon Hess
Kenyon's Dad
Kenyons Wife
Kevin Headstrom
Ted (Toyotawrench)
Paul Sinclair
Aj Reznor

I need to look at James's master list.

I'll do any pit monkey work needed. As discussed with Cal I'm set to arrive as early as needed on Sunday, I'll try not to be grouchy.

Cal - You realize I'll be coming from Yucca that has crackbucks, right?

Edit: My dad will be with us as well and can help where he can, not much of a wrench monkey but able to carry water.

I was going to be in BB saturday, so Im thinking ill head down afterwards and camp out. I am down to help in any way possible.

Don't leave without hitting me up. I have something for you to take back. :kissyou:

I'll be there Friday night or Saturday morning. I'll flat tow Hot Lips with the RV.

ATTENTION!!

Just got word that our garage address has been changed. Our address has been changed to 217 Boone Rd.

They have not made a new map, but Boone Rd will be east of Rugged Rd, so instead of Rugged Rd being the last street to the east, Boone Rd will be the last street to the east. All of Hammertown, including our location, will be to the left of the actual Boone Rd as you get to the lake bed.

The old locations in the 300 block range were determined to be not the best for camping and working on cars, so those locations were moved to new addresses to the east.

Since we're on the outside edge of the garage locations we will be easy to find as you get to the lake bed, just go straight bearing a little to the left. It also means that there is room further east of us for camping close to our garage location.

What are the time requirements for helping on Saturday? Ex: would we be needed from 6am-6pm or other hours?

-Ron

James
Danny
Carol
Kris T
Eric Maxey
Jeff Carpenter
Mike Vincent
Kenyon Hess
Kenyon's Dad
Kenyons Wife
Kevin Hedstrom
Ted (Toyotawrench)
Paul Sinclair
Aj Reznor
Matt/SC Redneck
Stephan
Avery
Rick/Jump This

James
Danny
Carol
Kris T
Eric Maxey
Jeff Carpenter
Mike Vincent
Kenyon Hess
Kenyon's Dad
Kenyons Wife
Kevin Hedstrom
Ted (Toyotawrench)
Paul Sinclair
Aj Reznor
Matt/SC Redneck
Stephan
Avery
Rick/Jump This
JerkSequoia

What are the time requirements for helping on Saturday? Ex: would we be needed from 6am-6pm or other hours?

-Ron

We don't know for sure. it depends on how much work there is that needs to be done to the car, if it breaks down while pre-running/testing, or whatever. There most likely will be enough people around on Sat to work on the car, last minute repairs and prep. What we'll need is a Sat late afternoon/evening meeting with all the crew members to communicate about what to do on Sunday. We'll need to set up Sun AM departure times and directions as well as final organization of pit staff and equipment. And go over race rules and pit rules.

Let's plan on everyone being available from 5-8:00 pm on Sat at our garage location. We'll update as needed.

Anyone want to bring dinner? :)

side note. which way is east on the map? lol...

east of where boone goes into the lakebed is not flat land, it's all heavy brush. I would say east is right up is north.

Back