• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise control for AX15

chickenbot

NAXJA Forum User
What all is needed to add cruise control to a 93 4.0L np231 AX15? I do not have to depress the clutch to start if that helps

Last edited:
I did see that thread but only ones that chimed in had 96+. I don't know if there is a difference between mine and a 96+. Manuals are hard to come by in my area so trying to find one in a JY to look at it is like finding a unicorn and riding it off in the sunset.

I did see that thread but only ones that chimed in had 96+. I don't know if there is a difference between mine and a 96+. Manuals are hard to come by in my area so trying to find one in a JY to look at it is like finding a unicorn and riding it off in the sunset.

I don't think there would be much of a difference between an auto and manual with respect to the cruise control. You'd need the servo, and vacumn solenoids, throttle body brackets, vacumn source line, and whatever wrigin to wire it back to the PCM. The connector may be there already. The engine computer controls it versus a separate computer like the Renix setup, so you might need to swap the PCM/ECM as well.

Don't know if this'll help or not, but with most cruise controls I've seen, the only real mechanical difference is that where automatic trans units have one cruise shut off switch attached to the brake pedal, the manual trans cruise controls have the brake pedal switch and a second shut off switch attached to the clutch pedal.

Just like when you want the cruise to shut off when you hit the brakes, you also want the cruise to shut off when you hit the clutch.

Back