• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Heat!

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
This is in the wife,s 98 XJ 4.0.
Routine maint. preformed Sat.Professional Machine flush and fill,replaced T-stat with factory 195* stat.New coolant and everything good with the world.
This evening I was told NO HEAT :flamemad: When the Mrs.isn,t happy----
Checked coolant level ---Full
Pulled hoses and ran fresh water thru.Re attached and rau until temp was at the 210* mark on guage,heater hoses too hot to hold,inside air was warm but not enough to melt frost or De-ice wipers if needed.
Checked that it would switch air from floor to defrost,cycled the AC and Defrost ,that worked
The heater hoses run from the water pump/T-Stat housing direct to the core,there is no valve like on early models or is it inside the air box?
Need to get some heat as the temps are to be cold for the next week.
Thanks
Wayne

This happened to my 88', you need to burp the system you have some air in it and it is not allowing it to get warm throught the heater. Disconnect the hose on the block, run the jeep for a few seconds and that should work. If not call Spike @ Spikes Jeep garage in Lancaster, CA he will lead you to the light young jedi.

shannon

Shanbo44 said:
This happened to my 88', you need to burp the system you have some air in it and it is not allowing it to get warm throught the heater. Disconnect the hose on the block, run the jeep for a few seconds and that should work. If not call Spike @ Spikes Jeep garage in Lancaster, CA he will lead you to the light young jedi.

shannon
That would be a long call---- as I,m on the east coast.And it,s the closed system,and I did pull the hoses and run clean water back thru them.
Wayne

Sounds like the water's not getting to the core. Did you check the valve? Try having someone switch the controls from A/C to heat and see if it moves, if not you can finger it. Could be sludge from the flush blocking it, bad vacuum line, bad vacuum motor or no vacuum at the line. If it dosen't move when switching the controls make sure your getting the vacuum signal.

Hope it helps,
REDDOGG.XJ :peace:

Back