• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECM controlled E. Fans Temp Set Points

fzsk4p

NAXJA Forum User
Sent Chris Jensen a couple XJ ECM`s to recal for my Stroker YJ.

Been running a mechanical fan but MIGHT convert to a Ford Contour electric.

What are the XJ aux. fan temp set points that are cal-ed in the factory XJ ECM ?

Thinking on at 205 and off at 195 ? Chris can cal anything I want.

Thanks

Normal temp is 210. The condenser fan is set to come on around 220 (+/- 5) depending on the year and features (some are more tightly integrated into AC than others). My efan setup uses a switch that turns the fan on at 95c (203f) and then off again at 90c (194f). That is hotter than the thermostat, so the idea is that coolant gets hot enough to open the thermostat all the way the fan will come on, if it gets any hotter the condenser fan will kick on to support it, then when coolant from the radiator drops the engine temp enough for thermostat to close the fans turn off.

Last edited:
My efan setup uses a switch that turns the fan on at 95c (203f) and then off again at 90c (194f). That is hotter than the thermostat, so the idea is that coolant gets hot enough to open the thermostat all the way the fan will come on, if it gets any hotter the condenser fan will kick on to support it, then when coolant from the radiator drops the engine temp enough for thermostat to close the fans turn off.

This is the logic I am thinking also. Don`t want to be running at 195 as the fan will never shut off during normal operation.

Best numbers on the dyno are hot lapping at around 210. So I am not afraid of a little heat so long as the fan can take it down when requested.

Perfect, suspect the fan combo you are using is in the 3.8 dual unit that will fit the YJ radiator nicely. Can use the ECM to trigger the relay. Have to decide if a single speed will suffice or wire it up for the dual low/high.

Thanks

Back