• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Hinge Pin

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of making my front door removable but have a quick question first. Is it possible to just drive the hinge pin out with a hammer and punch? It would make cutting the bottom of the hinge off alot easier when the door and hinge is removed. I can't get the sawzall in to the hinge with the door on. Major PITA.

If you're lucky you can just drive it out. Just put a new pin in yesterday that turned into a huge PITA, but pulled the door off to make things a bit easier. I just used a torx bit clamped into the vice grips to get it to fit properly and a little patience to get it all unthreaded.

Bill

I used a small cut off wheel on the end of an air grinder/cut off tool. It was small enough to fit in the door hinge area with a little help from someone pulling the door open just a hair. It might work for you if you have not got the doors off already.

Back