• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another No start renix issue

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
1988 Chief 5 speed OK so I have fuel at the rail. I have spark at all of the plugs. The injectors are not squirting. Could this be as simple as the crank position sensor? Is that where I should start?

Like the man said, how do you know there is no injection happening. If this is true, the most likely issue is no fuel pressure.

Did you read and follow the FAQ on this subject?

Yes I read the FAQ. I did not test the fuel pressure but it squirts out strong when I press the in the pin. I can get it to run on starting fluid. I cranked it over for a while and then pulled the plugs again and they are dry as a bone. While they were out I cranked it and I smelt no fuel and saw no vapor coming out of the plug holes. Is there an inline fuse somewhere that I am missing?
Sorry it took so long to reply my pc crashed.

Buy a noid at the parts store and check for electrical impulse at the injectors while cranking.

Ok call me dumb but how do I use a noid light? And i dont think that I have any electricity going to the injectors. I can't see that every injector would be die all at once. It has to be electrical. SO what would cause the injectors to stop firing. The wires are all good. The c101 connector is in great shape. it started running funny on the hiway and then it got to the point where It had no power at all, i nursed it about 2 miles from the hiway to my house. So it wasnt like an instant stop in the injectors, kinda gradual. Any ideas any one

A fuel pressure tester won't test the volume anyway. You need to disconnect the fuel line and run fuel in to a bottle where you can judge the volume. 2000 FSM says it shold pump 1/4 liter in seven seconds.

A noid light simply plugs into the harness instead of the injector and it flashes when it reads voltage.

Most likely low fuel pressure, but If your fuel pressure checks out OK, ohm test the injector ground. Wiggle the harness around where it bends at the firewall. It can have good continuity and still be bad. The wire under the insulation where the harness makes it's bend at the fire wall can fatigue through most the copper wires/threads under the insulation. It can ohm test OK and still not pass enough amperage to fire the injectors. There is also a ground splice farther up the harness after the bend under the tape, that has given me grief.

Ok Ill look into all of the ideas this weekend. I hope this is something simple that im just overlooking :)

My bet is on the C101 connector, above the brake booster.

I checked the c101 and unlike the one on my other 88 this one was very clean with a cream colored paste in it. I guess that is what the black crap looks like before it turns black

Back