• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locking Hubs Using Ford Parts

CreativeSN

NAXJA Forum User
I was reading in a thread on JU that the Warn and Milemarker locking hub conversions use the same parts as old Bronco II's and Rangers. Supposedly the only custom parts from the kits are the spindles and the center hub. Has anybody heard of this or tried using Ford parts for the conversion? Can you get the spindles and center hubs individually from Warn or MM?

I am not sure about Warn,but when I called MM for replacement bearings I was told that they don't sell or stock the individual parts. But I did get some bearing numbers that I still need to find cross-over timkin numbers for. THe numbers I got were metric, kinda a pain in the ass. I have always wondered how the front spindle/hub assembly of a 89(I think)-94 ranger compares to the MM/warn kits. I know that the axle shaft is a ranger, lockout is a ranger. Just how different is the spindle and hub?

CartsXJ said:
I am not sure about Warn,but when I called MM for replacement bearings I was told that they don't sell or stock the individual parts. But I did get some bearing numbers that I still need to find cross-over timkin numbers for. THe numbers I got were metric, kinda a pain in the ass. I have always wondered how the front spindle/hub assembly of a 89(I think)-94 ranger compares to the MM/warn kits. I know that the axle shaft is a ranger, lockout is a ranger. Just how different is the spindle and hub?
I was wondering about that myself. I wonder if you could modify the Ranger/Explorer spindle to work on the XJ knuckle. Anybody want to do a side by side comparison?...........Hans

I would have no problem doing it..........except I am missing that whole ranger sitting in the drive way thing........

Ok tomorrow I will call MM and ask if they sell the spindle and adapter hub. That would be pretty badass if I could do this.
The bolt pattern on the Ranger/Bronco II is 5x4.5 right?

Back