• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil out dipstick

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
my renix builds up so much oil pressure that it finds its way up the dipstick tube and blows out, well that makes it sound more severe than it is, it more less oozes or bubbles out. What could cause this and what are ways of fixing it?

Sounds a bit like positive crankcase pressure from a plugged CCV system.

Two "ports" on the VC, front is air intake pulling in filtered air from the airbox, the "J" hose tends to deteriorate and collapse. The rear port is a metered orifice and prone to clogging, as is the vacuum line and vacuum port at the intake manifold. Try cleaning and ensuring air/vacuum flow.

Ok, tell me if I went wrong. I removed the CCV and ran a hose to the back port of the Valve cover where I put a PCV valve. I also removed the factory air box and did a cold air. I know one hose I pluged, it was the small diameter rubber hose, the J I have running into the intake tube.

So the PCV should go to the front hole of the Valve cover? Right now I have a PCV running front the back hole into the the intake where the CCV used to be

So, you have eliminated the metered orifice in the rear of the VC and replaced it with a PCV valve, and the PCV valve is connected to vacuum at the intake manifold port?

And you have filtered air going into the front of the VC?

The PCV valve you are using may be too strong for the vacuum being supplied, or if you are not using proper vacuum hose is may be collapsing and plugging things off.

The front of the VC I actually have capped off. Which is quite possibly my problem? as for the hose it is 1/4 or 3/16 ID Fuel Hose.

if you supply too much vacuum to the crankcase vent, you will suck all the oil out of your engine. thats why the rear grommet has only a small orfice in it the big vent hose is for extra oil vapors, there is no vacuum supply to it

The front of the VC I actually have capped off. Which is quite possibly my problem? as for the hose it is 1/4 or 3/16 ID Fuel Hose.

You need the front to be a fresh air intake, filtered air (wouldn't want to introduce dust to your crankcase!). Fix that and I think you will Ok.

on the weekend to-do list

Hey, I've got me one of those lists too.

If I remember right I'm working on the stuff from 2006 pretty soon! LMAO!

Back