• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will bad Duty Cycle Purge Solenoid cause low/no idle in D?

CKizer

NAXJA Forum User
97 XJ will not idle. DCP solenoid has been "ticking" for quiete some time ... when I disconnect the vacuum from the intake to DCP idle is high but at least I have idle. It will also idle if I disconnect the vacuum from PCV :eeks1:. So basically it will not idle unless I remove a vacuum line.
Please help

IAC sticky? Pretty much what controls the idle, with inputs from a few sensors and the PCM.
I've had good luck spraying some pentrating oil into the IAC inlet opening with the motor running on my 96 and bliüüing the throttle a little to get the IAC to move some. My IAC refused to work reliably until it got hot before the lubrication and cleaning. I almost lost the red plastic tubing spray extension down my TB, I now super glue them on there. :)

Thank you for your quick reply 8Mud. Though the IAC is relatively new I used your advice to no avail. Still no idle unless a vacuum line is pulled.

Back