• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

big street tires

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking to get some new tires soon, i drive my heep more than i like to on the road, but, actually do like to get into some pretty technical wheeling. i try to stay away from mud as much as possible, so an all-terrain would do me just fine. my combo is roughly 4" lift, cut fenders, and 15" wheels. looking for either wide 31's or 32x10.5 or 11.5's......i was thinking either interco sts's or thornbirds, just cause they look cool, or something around that type of agressiveness, not too much more. let me know what you guys think. thanks

I've always thought the thornbirds looked awesome, plus they come in nice wide sizes. I'm sure the street life for those and the sts's are not very good, but they look cool!

Thortturds are by-far the worst tire ever created...they are horrible on the street...and more importantly...they are worthless offroad....

i get a kick out of the people that buy a tire "cause it looks cool"....can you say mall crawler? HA!

::shaking head::

You cant go wrong woth the BFG A/T. Good on the road, good off road, and they last a long time too. Probably the best A/T you can get.

My bad, didnt read the part were you said what tires you liked... My vote still goes the the BFGs.

if you are after an interco tire look at the TrXus for an all around great tire. As stated above BFG AT's are a great tire save for mud. Love my new MTR's, heavy buggers though. Cooper ST's are an agressive AT that work very well. -B

Thortturds are by-far the worst tire ever created...they are horrible on the street...and more importantly...they are worthless offroad....

i get a kick out of the people that buy a tire "cause it looks cool"....can you say mall crawler? HA!

x2... weak sidewall as well!

i love my thornbirds
thorn1.jpg

hmm, not only did you have to cut them up to make them work...but i can tell by your wheels you do alot of mud ridin...thats probly the only terrain ive ever seen them work in...just wait untill they start flying apart and hurting people....note: there's a reason them quit making them...just my well experienced $.02

oh and what is this thread doin in "modified tech"?....moderators?

Maxxis Bighorns? I hear they are good. They are more of a MT tire but i hear they have good road manners and are somewhat quiet.

Better get a 32" tire at least with 4" of lift. I think 31's would look silly.

I second the BFG A/T if you don't wheel very much. Anything made specifically for offroading will probably wear worse and be louder.

if you dont mind dropping some coin go with super swampers tsl. im running 36' on my heep and i only got stuck once and its because one tire was two feet off the ground and the other wedge in a ditch!

Back