• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air shocks?

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
What's everyone's thoughts on air shocks? I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to fit coils, and it was brought to my attention that air shocks aren't that expensive and are very easy to mount. I'm just not 100% sure how much unsprung weight my XJ is per corner. The Fox 2.0 shocks will support 500lbs. max each and the 2.5's support 1200 lbs. max each.

yup, been there and researched it. I just wanted to get a more XJ crowd opinion. I've read on here a little bit and decided to not go coilovers. If I can't figure out a way to mount regular coils the way I want, I'll be looking into air shocks more.

put it this way, there was an airshock thread here in mod tech last week, and it took an entire page to get people to stop talking about shocks w/ air, like for towing, or airbags....

sad truth is, 97% of naxja runs stock or SLIGHTLY modified suspensions

I ran the 2.0s for years on the rear. They were great, it took some trial and error but I finally got it just right. The 2.5s would be better if you carry A LOT of gear. Also if you plan to street drive it a bunch you will notice an increase in ride height as they warm up.

Look into the Big Horn Air shocks. http://www.raceshock.com/ Give them a call and Talk to Lee.. The man knows more the you could ever imagine about shocks! RawBrown runs a set on his XJ and I'm sure he will chime in with his opinion..

Take care
Dave

I know im 4 linking my rear and doing airshocks all the way around. At work we have fox air shocks on our buggy in the rear. they work but my boss prefers others... if you go airshocks and do a lot of steep ledges or climbs you might want limiting straps because some airshocks tend to unload sometimes... id ont know if all do but ours did lol. They do perform well on the street as well

Back