• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a suggestion

Onyx Dragon

NAXJA Forum User
My xj isn't all that tall. It's on 30" tires with a 3" skyjacker lift. It's not that hard to get into and out of..unless you happen to be my 65 year old mom who I pick up at times, or when I'm out of town, she likes to borrow the jeep. Are there any step rails or armor that could serve as armor and step rails that any of you can suggest to me that I could get? As I said, it's not that bad for me getting in and out, but when you're 65, have a bad knee, and a bad back, the height is a bit much. Not to mention my 5' Vietnamese friend had a heck of a time getting in with a skirt on :D So any suggestions?

Lots of rock rails are also wide enough to provide a step. I've seen Tomkin 2x4 rails that provide a small, usable step....want to get some, just haven't yet.

my jcr stage II's are usable as a step, but it really just makes getting in awkward... it puts you up too high, and you end up banging your head on the way in.

i really dont think them as a proper step, but they might help a LITTLE.....

I have a set of the Tomken 2x4 rock rails that work pretty good as a step. I also take my 64 year old mom out on the trail on occasion and she uses them as a step. I use them as step to get up to the roof rack to remove camping equipment and to remove my cb antenna when I get home.

I have the JCR stage two rock rails and they are nice for standing on to get to the roof but makes it a little harder to get in like XCM said. I have taken them off before to repaint them and noticed how mush easier it is to get in, Most steps both ones for just looks or protection are going to make it harder to get in. Its just about the technique.

Back