• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAP sensor computer readout

whatevah

It's Yellah!
Does anybody know what info the computer should show on a OBDII scanner when looking at the MAP sensor. I know it's supposed to range from 0.something-4.5v but I don't know what that equates to in computer terms. My ScanGaugeII has shown me readings over 13, so it's not showing the voltage.

I've been trying to track down a low-power problem for a while... The numbers I'm getting do not match up with a mechanical vacuum gauge. Should they? I'm getting a reading of 6ish at idle (vacuum around 18) and a reading of 4ish when the vacuum is higher (22+/-). At low vacuum (WOT under load) the MAP reading goes up to around 12-13. That can't be the air/fuel ratio, since 4:1 would be WAAAAAY too rich, I don't know if it would even run.

Does anybody know what info the computer should show on a OBDII scanner when looking at the MAP sensor. I know it's supposed to range from 0.something-4.5v but I don't know what that equates to in computer terms. My ScanGaugeII has shown me readings over 13, so it's not showing the voltage.

I've been trying to track down a low-power problem for a while... The numbers I'm getting do not match up with a mechanical vacuum gauge. Should they? I'm getting a reading of 6ish at idle (vacuum around 18) and a reading of 4ish when the vacuum is higher (22+/-). At low vacuum (WOT under load) the MAP reading goes up to around 12-13. That can't be the air/fuel ratio, since 4:1 would be WAAAAAY too rich, I don't know if it would even run.

I really don't know, but it sounds like it is reading out battery voltage across a variable resistor (MAP being the resistor).

Except that the MAP sensor is supplied
with 5 volts from the ECM. And I'm looking at the computer readings, that will an interpreted value, not the raw data.

just bought and installed a new sensor, it's showing the same info as the old sensor. well, that's confusing...

Back