• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know Crank sensor bolt size??

ddtforu

NAXJA Forum User
Wouldn't start, figured it was the CPS...well found out both bolts are missing, so does anyone know the bolt size to replace it with. It's such a hard area to get to I want to try and get it with as little hassle as possible. And I need to get it back up and running TONIGHT! THanks...boy it's been years since I've been on the forum..but the jeeps still chugging along with 210k.

The problem isn't the thread size (I'm wanting to think 5/8"-24,) but the shoulder under the head. It's not exactly the standard for shoulder screws, and the shoulder is necessary to keep the sensor from getting munched by the teeth on the flywheel/flexplate.

Your best bet is to get them from a dealer, or find someone who happens to have a pair they're willing to part with for a few bucks.

(Oh - and no need to double-post and clutter things up. So I nuked the other one and answered this one for you. The shoulder on those screws is important...)

Back