• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

went offroading, now loose hose, help

studmuffin

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,
Well i went on a small adventures on some dunes,
But at one point i noticed some loss of power that made me check under, i didnt see anything so i drove straight home.
Thats when i saw a loose hose.<br><br>Its located by the transfer case, im guessin its the vaccum line maybe, <br>but i cant find where to connect it,<br>the tip is clean so it was connected somewhere.<br><br>Ideas?<br>

probably the breather hose. It connects on top of the t-case, between the case and the tunnel.

No, it would not explain a loss of power.

Do you have a picture of this hose, and where it was when you found it?
Where does this hose lead to?

ha i got it,
yeah it was the breater, ran it up the firewall and zip tied it, changed the diff fluid to be safe, now i cant figure out what made me lose power.

Dunes: Just give it a general test or
Check air cleaner. Check tubes for junk.
Check ALL vacuum lines for cracks. If more lines are lose or cracked check motor mounts.
Insure that the throttle plate is fully opening WHEN THE GAS PEDLE IS PRESS FROM WITHIN THE CABIN.. If not also check motor mounts.
Check plugs wires.
Check all wire leading to the engine.
Check for pinched fuel lines.
Check ex pipes for pinching also check for potato in tail pipe. They still do that.
Check for anything lose bent etc.
Anything else needs testing gear.

Last edited:
Back